Unmatched source of global news. Catch up on what’s happening in the world 24/7 with Reuters News.
• The resources of the world’s largest and most trusted news organization at your fingertips — 2,500 reporters in 200 locations.
• Global news coverage of the world.
• Alerts for breaking news and the stories you care about the most.
• Catch up quickly and on the go with new Editorial Highlights.
• Your personal Market Watchlist, plus stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities analysis.
• Constantly updated with new features: Save stories to read later, Night Mode, Editorial Highlights, Offline Access, and more.
Do Not Sell: https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/dbf5ae8a-0a6a-4f4b-b527-7f94d0de6bbc/5dc91c0f-f1b7-4b6e-9d42-76043adaf72d.html
In this update, we're enhancing your reading experience with the following changes:
• Default Article Experience: Reuters articles will now seamlessly open within the app by default, ensuring a smoother and more integrated reading experience.
• Live Blog Support: Get ready for our upcoming live blog experience! We're introducing support for live blogs, bringing you real-time updates and coverage directly within the app.
We're excited about these enhancements and welcome your feedback! Share your thoughts with us as we continue to improve your Reuters app experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Navigating breaking news is a pleasure with this flagship app from the world-renowned news organization, Reuters. This highly polished app comes packed with quality content, graceful transitions, and super fast navigation. Whether you’re looking for the latest political news, checking in on tech events, or tracking stocks in your portfolio, Reuters is a boon.
Don't update if you prefer a more compact layout
I made the mistake of updating without researching the new version first. The previous version had a much more compact layout without huge pictures, and you could easily scroll through the articles. The new layout has huge pictures, and you have to scroll a lot and click on different tab sections to see the articles. Even with text-only mode selected, each headline still takes a large amount of space, and only a few headlines are displayed in each section before you have to click "more", which takes you to a page that's once again filled with pictures. Basically, text-only applies to the Home page only, and even then, there are still enormous ads with pictures. It would be much better if text-only applied to everything except for individual articles.
With the new version, you have to scroll and click A LOT to see the articles, which is painful. For me, the old version was much better, where I could see a large amount of headlines at-a-glance. I wish I hadn't updated. I've now switched to using a prominent competitor's app which has a more compact layout, though not as good as the previous version of this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment! We greatly value providing the best quality app. The development and product teams will continue to look into better ways to make improvements. We hope to thrill you with a better experience in the future and keep you as a loyal user.
Video never plays
I have used the app for years; and suddenly videos no longer play. I try to watch in my home on WiFi, or anywhere and the app just has an error where the video should be, claiming the signal is too weak so only audio will render. I have a strong signal, and no issue with any other video players. I looked to see if there is a setting on the app for video quality; there is not. This is ridiculous, and very annoying.
This used to be my go to app for a daily briefing, and I’ve tried to be satisfied with audio only; I am not. The stories are written for video, so refer to the video image without describing it as would be done for audio only by design.
Please set the video quality threshold to a reasonable, realistic setting, or give me the control to set it myself. I never had a problem watching your videos before this restriction was added. This makes the app subpar.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thomson Reuters
- 85.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Thomson Reuters Corporation