The USA TODAY app gets you to the heart of the matter — fast. Whether it's money, sports, entertainment, or breaking news, get succinct, personalized coverage along with award-winning videos, captivating photography, and interactive user features. The point is — get major coverage all in a compact device that fits right in the palm of your hand.
• National and breaking news, including access to 200+ local publications.
• News to the point: Easily keep up with news, sports, money, entertainment, health, and more with quick reads.
• A personalized feed: Pick your favorite subjects in My Topics and receive a curated feed on the For You page.
• eNewspaper: Just like our print edition but accessible on your mobile devices. And access to 200+ local eNewspapers.
• Puzzles: Play Crossword, QuickCross, and Sudoku (tablet only) to keep your mind sharp.
• Award-winning podcasts: Listen to your favorite USA TODAY NETWORK podcasts on demand.
• The USA Today app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.usatoday.com/terms/
Questions or comments? Visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps or email: USATODAYmobile@usatoday.com
We've boosted load speed to improve the user experience.
We've also resolved bugs.
For any questions, feedback or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Good, Solid App
For my purposes, the USA Today app is just fine. It provides the news and some amplifying coverage. That's all I expect. USA Today has long been known as the fast food outlet for news so one should calibrate expectations to match reality. If one seeks in-depth analysis and penetrating Op Ed pieces then one should look elsewhere as as the major papers (e.g., The Washington Post, The New York Times, LA Times, et al) or periodicals. This is not to denigrate USA Today but rather to properly align user expectations. I read USA Today every single day but augment that with other sources if I'm interested in more coverage of a news story. I like USA Today and the app and enjoy it, every single day. Well, designed, easy to navigate and informative at a certain level. I offer my compliments for doing precisely what I expect.
Update: all the above remains true. One irritating bug in most recent release re: crossword puzzle. The puzzle has a frequent behavior of “freezing” when only one letter remains for completion. No matter the location of the square, the board prohibits finishing by freezing before the last letter is entered. This behavior will not damage modern civilization but it is irritating. Otherwise, life is good.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. iOS 13 changed how certain screens display with our app, which unintentionally adjusted the Crossword puzzle. We’re in the process of fixing this with an upcoming app release and appreciate your patience as we ensure it works as intended. Please keep an eye out for an app update that will note the fix in the “What’s New” text.
I read most of my news from USA’s platform
I like USA Today’s general news application on the Apple iPhone. USA Today has started to charge a monthly subscription fee for certain articles but not all, not yet at least. The thing is I wouldn’t mind paying a premium for their content as I’ve stated in previous reviews that I’ve read them for years and they have proven to me well worth it. However there s a negative, chiefly some of the articles which only subscribed paying members can obtain access to can be viewed for free on their very own platform through googling the articles headline. Secondly the monthly subscription price is simply to high. I would be willing to pay a couple dollars at most per month on a permanent basis. One more thing of note would be is perhaps you can view the article for free on google as opposed to the app is perhaps their intending on capitalizing on the convenience of going though the app. If this is the case even though their customers once realized you can obtain the article for free through Google will perhaps still feel like their getting cheated. Hope my review helps in some contributing factor.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your feedback. We've made improvements to the latest app update to address this. Please reach out to us at USATODAYmobile@USATODAY.com so we can better investigate and resolve this issue. Thank you!
Why must I pay extra for subscriber only stories?
I have a subscription to the GreenvilleNews, (Greenville, South Carolina), that gives me access to the USA Today. it along with Yahoo! News (sorry fellas— free with my iPhone) is my main source of news throughout the day. Here’s what I don’t understand. I pay for the subscription to the G-News monthly and sometimes in their additions I will get ‘for subscribers only’ titled stories. my subscription lets me read these no problem but in the USA today version it will not let me read the stories. If I click on it, it tells me I have to pay more money? and an added subscription? what gives fellas? How much money do you intend to wring out of me? It’s not like you have Woodward and Bernstein on staff. the last time this happened it was a story about a college football coach. Paying extra money? or adding another subscription? to read about a college football coach? As my high school friends used to say when one of us acted in absurd manner ‘come down you’re high’. Word to the wise USA Today: make your money off of your advertisers not your readers, we can go elsewhere for our news. don’t forget it.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- USA TODAY
- 200 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 7.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2024 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- USA TODAY Premium $9.99
- USA TODAY Ad-Free Monthly $4.99
- USA TODAY Premium Plus Ad-Free $12.99
- USA TODAY Puzzles $2.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $9.99
- USA TODAY Premium $4.99
- USA TODAY Premium Annual $69.99
- USA TODAY Premium Plus Ad-Free $89.99
- USA TODAY Premium Monthly + $4.99
- USA TODAY Puzzles - Yearly $19.99