ALGO Traffic provides live traffic camera feeds, updates on Alabama roads, and access to exclusive ALDOT information such as message sign readouts, incident and construction information, and current road congestion levels.
• Rich information on road events directly from ALDOT
• Access to a network of ALDOT cameras across the state
• Live message sign readouts
• Trip planner will help you know before you go on your next drive
• NWS weather alerts
Sponsored by the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) and the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA). Do not use this application while driving.
Version 3.0 is a significant update to the ALGO Traffic app
- Know before you go with the all-new Trip Planner. See traffic events and cameras along the routes for your next drive.
- Traffic events now show nearby cameras around the event.
- Weather alerts now show cameras within the alerted area.
- ALGO Traffic leverages HERE Maps technology for map and routing information.
- First responders, emergency managers, and others with ALGO Video access may now use their account to get secure access to traffic cameras.
- ALGO Traffic now supports dark mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Hats off to the development team with the most recent release. New features work well and the layout is user friendly.
Keep up the great work.
App continues to improve - I like knowing which side of the road the accidents or road delays are located. We often are towing and it’s not that easy to be switching lanes in traffic with a 30 ft trailer behind you. I’d give it a five stars if the traffic cameras would show up on map (see the Tennessee app) for visiting cities where we don’t live and aren’t that familiar with street names and intersections to have a better clue as to which cameras to look at for information. (Dropped the rating to three stars after reading developer response - don’t want another account/app that I have to sign in and agree to be tracked with an email address attached to it - it’s not required in the several other states that I use regularly ). App layers option finally worked without having an account. Thank you
Developer Response ,
The camera layer on the app can be turned on and off by tapping the map layers button in the bottom right corner on the map screen (middle button looking like a stack of paper). This will show all cameras on the map.
Edit: You don’t have to sign up for an account or anything to do what is outlined above. Not sure how any of what we said suggested that an account was required. What you want to do is very much possible in 2 taps no account required.
Sometimes things are just fine without always revamping. Like it better before camera view freezes and can’t find half the cameras anymore…
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Center For Advanced Public Safety
- 68.2 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Alabama Department of Transportation