Chores & Allowance Bot 4+
Family Task Tracker
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Chores & Allowance Bot is an easy, fun, and super versatile way to keep track of your family's chores, allowances, and savings goals.
With Chores & Allowance Bot, children won't lose or misplace paper money and you won't have to keep track of allowances and chores by hand. Teach your children about saving, spending, and earning money towards goals through work and good behavior.
Chores & Allowance Bot will automatically keep your whole family’s chores and allowances in sync across all your devices.
With Chores & Allowance Bot you can create a daily, weekly, or monthly allowance for each child. A different allowance amount can be setup for each child.
It's easy to assign chores to multiple children. Each chore can be a one time chore, or repeated on a daily, weekly, or monthly chores schedule.
Chores can be required for allowance, reward, or up-for-grabs. Reward chores pay a specific reward each time the chore is done. Up-for-grabs chores also pay a reward, but the chore can only be done by one child on each day it is assigned.
Chores can be rotated between multiple children.
There is an option to keep chores in a child’s todo list for extra days if it is not done.
Kids can receive chore reminders without having to open the app and parents can send reminders to their kids at any time.
* Create and manage as many children, chores, and allowances as you want.
* Automatic sync between multiple devices - no setup required, just login to the app with the same email and password.
* Set up daily, weekly, or monthly allowances.
* Easily assign chores to multiple children.
* Choose whether allowances accrue automatically or only after parental approval.
* Deduct money from a child's account when they spend money.
* Easily withhold any number of future allowance payments as punishment.
Children can choose one of 16 avatars, or a photo to personalize the app.
Photos can be added to each chore to help kids understand what needs to be done.
* Receive reminders when you forget to approve an allowance or chore payment.
* Pre-readers can have things like chore names, chore descriptions, allowance and savings amounts read aloud to them by the app.
* Approve or unapprove allowance payments.
* Optional parental passcode stops kids from making changes without permission.
Chores & Allowance Bot’s optional Premium subscription gives you the following additional features:
* A Chore Chart that shows all the chores assigned to all your children today and several weeks in the past and future.
* Create Up-For-Grabs chores that can be assigned to multiple children, but can only be done by one child at a time.
* Create chores that automatically rotate between children on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
* Option to keep chores in child's chore list for extra days if not done on the first assigned day.
* Unlimited history in the Graph view -- the history of savings, spending, and chore activity.
* Unlimited additional accounts and goals for each child.
Automatically transfer a percentage of allowance and chore payments into accounts and goals.
* Advanced reminders with settable time of day, and notifications for many events.
Automatically approve allowance payments based on required chores.
Optionally approve partial allowance payments based on difficulty of chores.
* Parents can set chore reminders at specific times of the day and press a button to send chore reminders at any time.
* Change the order children are displayed in the main screen of the app.
* Change the order chores are displayed in each child’s todo list.
* Configure the visibility of each child on your devices.
* Create child passcodes to allow children to protect their account information and chore list from siblings, change their own photo or avatar, spend money, and manage their allowance accounts and savings goals
Terms of Service: https://wingboat.com/TOS.html
° New Lock Screen and Home Screen widget that displays the number of today's chores remaining for each child.
° The description of deposits and deductions can now be edited in the Ledger view.
° The main screen's tabs are now hidden when the parental controls are hidden.
° Ledger view stays on screen when parental controls are hidden.
° Negative balances are now displayed with red text.
° Several UI improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great design-very simple
I originally thought that an allowance app needed to be complex and something I had to set up with a keyboard and mouse (either via browser or integrated app in mac/windows). I now know that those things aren’t required. Simple to setup. Assigning tasks is easy. Recurrence is automatic and allows for multiple days to complete tasks. We have chores that we only want done on weekends and others that are only done during the week. Easy with this app. Can also designate tasks as being up for grabs meaning that the first period to do it gets the loot. Yes, this is a paid feature, but seriously? Look at the annual cost. We have noticed a drastic increase in chore compliance and corresponding drop in parental stress level in terms of tasks getting done. Rather than have to transfer $$ to a spending card or into a checking account, this app simply keeps track of how much each person has earned. Then, when they want to buy something, you simply reduce the amount in their account. Also, if a kid does something over the top and you want to pay them more, you can simply deposit more in without having to create a chore. Worth every penny.
Update fixed problems
***update. I have changed my review back to 5 stars. The developers responded to feedback and corrected an annoying problem. Happily using this app to manage my children’s chores and allowance one again!!
I have happily used this app for years and they started a new feature that makes me HATE using it. They have created the option to give a percentage of your child’s allowance. Great idea I guess - took out half the trash give them half allowance maybe? This is available only to the premium user BUT you can see it on the lower tier version and it now makes you tap twice to pay your child’s allowance. I tap pay and then tap 100% even though I couldn’t pay less than 100% because I don’t want to pay a monthly premium fee to use an app I already paid for. I guess this is a ploy to get me to pay monthly but instead I will look for another app. I did email and request this feature be removed but got a nonsense answer.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we have released a new version of the app that allows you to turn off the partial allowance approval. If this resolves your issue, please consider updating your review. Thank you!
I don’t usually do these, but here it goes, this is my review. My wife and I have 8 kids. With that many naturally chores are a necessity just to make it day by day. Our 4 oldest ones cycle off with the major chores of the house (living, dining, kitchen and dishes). We had been trying to keep up with it on paper of who does what. This app, this wonderful app, has a feature that rotates an assigned chore to each child! No more keeping up on paper!! Plus we were failing miserably with keeping up on who actually did what for allowances and rewards and it was a real pain and sorry to say lowered the kids motivation levels. I have high hopes for this app! The robot talking to the kids and telling them what their chores are will be awesome! I love all the other features too. Would be really cool if you guys developed an Alexa skill that pulled that info!! Even as it is it’s a masterpiece of an app!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WingBoat.com LLC
- 146.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2013 WingBoat.com LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly Plan $9.99
- Premium Annual Plan $19.99
- Premium Semiannual Plan $17.99