Above the placid ivory snow lies a sleepy mountain village, brimming with the promise of adventure.
"A piece of interactive art"
"Best of 2015" and "15 Most Beautiful Games"
"Favorite Apps of 2015"
– The New York Times
"One of the best mobile games"
– The Verge
"Alto's Adventure demands your attention"
"2015 Game of the Year"
– Product Hunt
"Best 2D Visual Experience"
– 2015 Unity Awards Finalist
"One of the best-looking games on the App Store"
“The visuals really are incredible”
– Red Bull
"Best Looking Video Games of 2015"
"Wonderfully tranquil and beautiful"
"Best iPhone apps of 2015"
"I couldn't let Alto's Adventure slide by me"
"Alto’s Adventure for iOS may be the most beautiful endless runner you’ve ever played"
– The Next Web
"Pristine and refined"
– LA Times
"An engaging, relaxing, and beautiful experience."
"Satisfies the soul"
"Alto's Adventure is the endless runner matured"
"Alto’s Adventure is remarkably soothing"
– The New York Observer
"Favorite game of the year"
"A joyous experience"
"One of my favorite games"
"Alto is lovely"
"It’s seriously stunning"
"Alto's Adventure is a brilliant mobile game"
"A beautiful visual experience"
"An elegant ride down nature's greatest landmarks"
– Kill Screen
"A compelling game to play"
– The Washington Post
"Every inch of this game is visually impressive and delightfully charming"
– Business Insider
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you'll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
• Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
• Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
• Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
• Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
• Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
• Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
• Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
• Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
• Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
• Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
Hello Adventurers! With the release of iOS 14 we’re bringing a few improvements to Alto’s Adventure to make your journey through the mountains a smooth one. This update includes:
• A fix for a visual issue introduced with iOS 14 - this consisted of the characters and the environment looking a little blocky / distorted the further down the mountain you travelled.
• ProMotion (120hz) support for iPad Pro. This can be enabled in your in-game settings menu. Please be aware that enabling ProMotion may affect battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
In this gorgeous twist on the infinite runner, you guide an agile snowboarder down a never-ending mountain, pulling off backflips over icy chasms and grinding along rooftops in sleepy villages. Simple one-finger controls make it instantly accessible, but tackling each level’s trio of challenges requires deft reflexes. With its exquisitely rendered visuals, soothing music, and finely tuned gameplay, Alto’s Adventure is simultaneously serene and exciting.
Does not deserve the bad reviews.
I’ve seen a couple reviews about the wingsuit activating and deactivating randomly. Let’s clear that up. The wingsuit is toggled through 3D Touch, so when you press hard on the screen it toggles it. There’s also a setting under Settings to turn this behavior off. There will also be a button on the right side of the screen that also toggles it, so turning off the setting will not stop you from using the wingsuit. (The wingsuit is available after level 30, so if the setting isn’t there when you start, maybe it’ll appear once you unlock the wingsuit.) I wish Snowman would reply to the reviews to clear their name, but it doesn’t look like that will happen.
That being said, of course I think Alto’s Adventure is a beautiful game. I’m not usually very fond of arcade-like games, but this one has stuck with me for a long time. You’ve probably already heard of the graphics/artwork. It’s also a well-polished game and feels good to play, especially with friends. Look out for new games by Snowman because the previews on their website look good. Development for those games was probably funded by this game’s sales.
Couple of bugs to fix
When under high speed (especially after landing bonuses), the character wouldn't pick up any items including coins and abilities. (bug)
Weird boulder spawn during a grind. Is capable of knock off players while they are on grind. This shall be change to a boulder bounce instead of killing the player. (Bug)
Death on ramps sometimes fails to render the character. What i mean is that death on the edge of ramp might lead to resuscitation of the character with a snowboard, tripped again, resuscitate with board, tripped again… a fews time before actual death. Not really something that affects gameplay but fun to watch (Bug)
The landscape generator could sometimes generates chasms during a long fall. Usually, the zooming of the camera during a chasm encounter would alarm players, but this along won’t save them from game over unless they have wing-suit. (Improvement)
The angle of attack at which we bounce from a boulders determines our speed at which we could sometimes come to complete stop leading to immediate death by elder chase. (Improvement)
Wing-suit charge on paz shall be more generous, as i can easily activate it with other characters, but not paz. Can balance a bit more. (Improvement)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 136.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Built By Snowman, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.