Search and discover recipes and ratings from America’s Test Kitchen, Cook’s Illustrated, and Cook’s Country, trusted by millions of home cooks. Save favorite recipes and ingredient ratings, and create convenient, centralized shopping lists. The App is free for All Access Multi-Site Members; it requires an in-app purchase for all other customers.
The App features:
- Search 10,000+ foolproof test kitchen recipes instantly
- Access 2,100+ taste-tested ingredient picks
- Create convenient, centralized shopping lists; easily add items such as pet food, detergent, etc.
- “Favorite” recipes & ingredients with single click
- Use offline mode to retrieve your Favorites and recent recipes anywhere you go
- Free for America’s Test Kitchen All-Access Multi-Site Members
- Try the app free for 14 days and get All-Access Multi-Site Membership on our family of sites: AmericasTestKitchen.com, CooksIllustrated.com, and CooksCountry.com
- Monthly subscription: $9.99/month with 14-Day Free Trial. Cancel anytime.
- Annual subscription: $49.99/12 months with 14-Day Free Trial. Cancel anytime.
All subscriptions start at the end of the applicable free trial period. Free trials are only available upon an initial subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account after your free trial period or at confirmation of purchase, if you're not eligible for free trials. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.americastestkitchen.com/guides/corporate-pages/terms-of-use
Feedback? Suggestions? Problems? Please contact us at Support@Americastestkitchen.com
- Improved compatibility for iPad users; you can use in both portrait and landscape mode
- A better shopping list item categorization with more choices than in the earlier version
- The phone won’t go to sleep when you’re looking at a recipe; no more need to wake up the app when your hands are dirty!
Ratings and Reviews
Such a disappointment!
I was so happy to hear that they released an ATK app after discontinuing the Cook’s Illustrated app a few years ago. I used the CI app several times a week and I really missed it. While ATK is a TV show and CI is a magazine, they have the same content, it’s delivered via different media. The old CI app had all the recipes, taste tests & equipment reviews from CI & ATK and videos clips from ATK. This new ATK app may have an updated look, but that’s about all it has to offer. It is less user friendly than the old app and the navigation is not as intuitive. The CI app may have looked dated, but it had straight forward navigation and EQUIPMENT REVIEWS! It’s such a bummer to have to exit the app and log in from a browser to get to those reviews. Why create an ATK app that excludes some of the major content from ATK?
Do NOT order your ATK membership through the App, do it on the website
Ordering your ATK membership through the App ONLY gets you access to the app, not the website. It is the same price on the App as it is on the website but the app doesn’t include videos or equipment ratings. BUT, good luck navigating the website while you’re at the grocery store! I called customer service and they were completely unapologetic and said that there was no way I could get access to the other materials because I bought my membership through the App...what?!?!? The only way to get that was to pay another $50 to sign up on the website as well?! It would have cost them nothing for them to give me an online log in. I’ve never heard of anything like this. I’ve been a print customer for years and ATK has a great product, but digital access to it is so bad that I may never sign up for it again. This is SO deceptive and absolutely terrible customer service on the part of America’s Test Kitchen. Two HUGE thumbs down.
Sharing between iPhone’s doesn’t
What works works well. It’s easy to get to recipes.
What doesn’t work, however, is irritating. Creating a shopping list is great, but not if I cannot share that list with another device. Support tells me the as long as both iPhone’s are using the same account, the list is “supposed” to be available on the other iPhone (but not with an iPad - why not with an iPad?). Sorry, it isn’t sharing. “Log off and back on to the receivers iPhone” they say. Nope, doesn’t work. Irritating that! It would also be nice if the shopping list would allow me to change an items grouping. Canned beans are not “produce.” They’re canned, in a different part of the store.
Still, it’s a great way to get to recipes.
- America's Test Kitchen LP
- 45.7 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 America's Test Kitchen
- In-App Purchases
- MONTHLY $9.99
- ANNUAL $49.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.