Want to rock Hendrix’s rig? Now you can with the new AmpliTube® Jimi Hendrix™ app. Play through a rock icon’s pedals and amplifiers, all from the convenience of your iPhone.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ lets you build a flexible rig complete with 6 stompbox effects (4 pre amp, 2 post) and an amplifier head with cabinet, plus a two-track recorder (expandable to 8 tracks via in-app purchase) for capturing your musical ideas quickly and easily, and lets you share across different versions and devices.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ features models of all the legendary signature gear used by Hendrix in the studio and for his live performances. Now you can rock his amplifiers like the JH GOLD based on the Marshall® JTM45™ and the JH DUAL based on the Fender® Dual Showman™.
You can also rock the guitar pedals that let Hendrix make his sonic breakthroughs, as he experimented with the full expressive possibilities of electronic effects while creating his pioneering guitar tones.
Thanks to AmpliTube's Cab Room, you’ll feel like you are in your own professional recording studio. Mic your cabinets in full 3D in a beautifully rendered virtual studio environment with 2 iconic guitar mics (expandable to 16 mic models available via in-app purchase).
Connect your instrument via IK’s iRig 2 or iRig HD 2 interfaces, or use IK’s new iRig Stomp I/O to connect and control your rig with the same feel as the real gear.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ also features a robust “song” player section that allows you to play along with songs or backing tracks by importing them directly from your music library. Play along with his extensive discography with a collection of signature guitar tone presets.
Get creative with loops in AmpliTube via its Super Looper, which is available through in-app purchase. It makes it easy to record, play back, adjust levels and play along with up to 4 loops. Loops are easy to set and trigger, with external control for live use.
Need a drummer? Use the built-in Loop Drummer system to jam to killer drum tracks. Use the streamlined built-in 2-track recorder(expandable to 8 tracks via in-app purchase) to record, edit, tweak and share your songs via SoundCloud, file sharing or email.
Ready to get out of the studio? AmpliTube’s new Live Mode offers an optimized GUI designed specifically for live use. See your entire rig at a glance, with all the settings and controls you need displayed in an easy-to-read format designed for the stage.
If you currently own AmpliTube for iPhone, all AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ gear models are available for in-app purchase as a complete set or a-la-carte. You can even use iCloud to transfer in-app purchases between different AmpliTube versions and devices.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ features:
• Jimi Hendrix™ gear models: 5 Stompboxes (Noise Filter, Fuzz Age, Octa-V, Uni-V, Wah 46) 2 Amplifiers (JH Gold, JH Dual) and 2 cabinets (2x15"J, 4x12"J)
• Complete Jimi Hendrix™ Discography presets
• Songs links directly within the app for play-along
• “Cab Room" feature that allows 3D miking of cabinets with up to two mics (14 more available via in-app purchase)
• Two-track recorder (with re-amping) expands to 8-track studio via in-app purchase
• Studio section with DAW-style editing features (available via in-app purchase)
• Import songs/backing tracks directly from Music library or computer
• Export via E-mail, SoundCloud, FTP or File Sharing
• Looper feature (available via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module plays in sync with the recorder
• UltraTuner (available via in-app purchase)
• Change tempo (-50% to +200%) of imported songs without affecting pitch
• MIDI controllable
• Tuner and metronome
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus compatible
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Complete project compatibility between iPhone and iPad
More app information:
What's New in v2.2.1
- iOS 15 compatible: Fixed a crash on launch on iOS 15
Ratings and Reviews
I have bought the Jimi pack, the Soldano, Fender amps, most of the stomps, and I am overall extremely pleased with the quality and coolness after using these gizmologies on both me iPhone and me iPad.
Although I do not own a Soldano I do own a 100watt Plexi clone and the Roger Mayer versions of the Hendrix stomps, mic up using an AKG 414 thru a Neve mic pre.
I have been playing and recording for 30 years + and although there is a difference of quality there is no denying the value and simplicity of this stuff.
I recommend these things to anybody with $15-$20 to spend on their rig.
Doubt you'll regret it.
Note to the developers: it would be nice if we didn't have to buy things twice when it comes to the iPhone and iPad purchases, that's kinda undude.
The best app I own
I have been waiting for this app come out and I must say it was worth the wait. I deleted my other amplitude apps because this is all I need now. The effect sound dead on Hendrix, the throbbing swirling chewy sound of the uni-vibe, the octave up ring modulation of the Octavio and the thick fuzzed out sound of the fuzz face. I added the wah pedal but haven't played with it much. You can also get some great Marshall and Fender tone with this app. Like I said its all I need now if you are a diehard Hendrix fan like I am this app is a must, but this app is great for any guitar player I give it five stars. It's simply a great app.
Are you kidding me? I can have the Hendrix sound on my guitar blaring through my headphones for less than a new pair of sweatpants? Kaching!!! You can't take my money fast enough. The presets and depth are amazing. A must have for any guitar player that wants to feel like Hendrix if even for just a moment.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 407.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 IK Multimedia Production Srl
- In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master FX $14.99
- AmpliTube 4 Bundle $19.99
- Recorder + Studio $19.99
- UltraTuner $9.99
- Looper $9.99
- LD Blues Pack $4.99
- All Style Packs 1 & 2 $24.99
- LD All Styles Pack $14.99
- External Control $4.99
- Microphones Bundle $9.99