Analog Digital Clock 4+
Designed for iPad
#1 Utility / #2 overall in Holland!
This clock was made by videoing someone actually painting the time! He's inside your phone with a bucket of paint and manually changes the digits on an old-school digital clock.
The "Analog Digital" app is the next installment in Dutch designer Maarten Baas' "Real Time" series. His works cross the fields of art, design, theatre and performance. The anonymous digital clock becomes a performance as each minute is being hand painted by a hidden man "in" the clock.
Real Time caused a sensation in the design world, and won several international design awards. Other clocks in the series are exclusive limited editions in the collections of museums and private collectors worldwide, but the Analog Digital app is now available in the palm of your hand! Some people even buy an iPod and mount it on the wall just to have this clock :-)
- Designed by Maarten Baas, Design Miami's Designer of the Year 2009.
- The movie was shot in the Netherlands.
- Optionally disable the iPhone screen-lock to leave the clock running.
- Auto-rotating Portrait and Landscape modes.
- It's a 12-hour clock - it would be cruel to force the actor to do 24 hours!
- The normal iPhone alarm can be set and works while the app is open. Note, this clock does not have an alarm, because an "app alarm" only works while the app is open, and the iPhone alarm works anytime the phone is on.
- You can play your iTunes music collection in the background while the app is running.
- The time is always accurate; immediately when you open the app, also when you leave it running for days.
- The concept of the clock is to watch time in a different way. The numbers take time to be made. This means that there are moments that the numbers are not yet ready - the man draws the time for you "while-u-wait!"
- Compatible with all iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch models.
Support for latest iPad Pro sizes, thanks everyone!
Ratings and Reviews
You were warned!
This is the most coolest clock in the App Store.
I am obsessed with this.
It’s exactly what it says it is. It’s a fantastic digital alarm clock that is actually a long playing movie of some dude behind a massive glass screen constantly painting and changing the numbers for you.
I wake up minutes early AUTOMATICALLY just to lay awake and watch this movie for about five minutes.
I HAVE HAD THIS APP FOR YEARS NOW!!!
There is something about watching this dude work behind the glass that gets me up and going.
I’m not kidding. Some psychologist should look into this concept - because it works for me and two other friends.
I don’t know what it cost now (because the App Store hides the cost of apps after you buy them. It just says “OPEN” where the price normally is located). I bought it when it first came out like the first week, so I can’t remember.
Whatever it costs by it.
I would buy it if it cost 10 bucks.
I have LOVED THIS APP FOR MANY YEARS AND STILL DO! It is my night light too and sits nicely and not too brightly on my nightstand. Because of this though, I have a small suggestion for the next update. For some reason, running this app counts toward the “screen time” used each week when it is set to an always on setting, as I do each night. It would be so nice if it didn’t do that. My screen time usage ends up embarrassingly high!
Thanks so much again!
It's really calming and relaxing to watch this. Also knowing that someone made this by hand in real time is so cool!! It's like having a little friend who cares so much that I know what time it is. I just wish I could use it as my lock screen on my phone. Thanks so much for this app and all the hard work you put into it. Artist to artist.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Svarovsky Productions Ltd
- 17.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Studio Maarten Baas
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.