The Analyzer is a combination of a sound pressure level (SPL) meter and a full range multiple bands frequency analyzer. It is mainly designed for audio professionals who need to evaluate different working environments (e.g. studios, live stages)... that’s why it’s perfect for anyone who’s in need of acoustical analysis!! It is easy to use and comes with amazing features only known from professional acoustic tools.
Use the Analyzer for measuring stages, testing speakers, setting up your hi-fi system, evaluating sound mixing environments, analyzing your instrument... or for measuring the noise your neighbor makes with his new stereo!
The Analyzer is pre-calibrated for all iDevices, but it includes a calibration function as well. It comes with a highly intuitive user interface with zoom gesture control, individual color settings, reticle zoom and many more exciting features. The Analyzer can store, load and export measurement data and supports iCloud storage.
Combine the Analyzer with external microphones such as the MicW i436 or Microtech M372 for better measurement performance! Or use it with external USB audio hardware like the RME Fireface UCX or the Alesis IO dock, change the measurement scale to dB (FS) and use it as a studio Realtime Analyzer!
- SPL measurement weighting functions: A B C Z
- Industry standard response times: impulse, fast and slow
- Meter switchable to dB FS for measuring with external USB interface
- Pre-calibrated for all available iOS devices
Realtime Audio Analyzer (RTA) audio engine:
- Bandwidth selectable from 1 octave up to 1/1200 octave (depending on your iDevice)
- FFT block size from 1024 to 65536 samples
- 6 different FFT window functions
- Leq measurement
- Automatic peak detection
- Signal generator: pink and white noise, sine
- Manual and automatic calibration
- Frequency response compensation for different mic characteristics of the built-in microphones
- Touch gesture zoom
- Reticle with lens functionality
- Bar or FFT line view
- User definable graph colors
- Create up to 14 snapshots with hold, Leq, or snapshot function
- Workspace concept: store all current snapshots and color settings
- Snapshot and workspace storage, load and export
- iCloud support: move files between local and iCloud storage
- Export to .csv oder .png files: share them via Mail, Dropbox, iTunes etc.
- Import of .csv files
AVAILABLE AS IN-APP PURCHASES:
- Frequency response compensations for Mic-W i436 (with individually adjustable sensitivity), i266, i456, i825, i855, iShotgun and the Apple EarPods
- improved built-in Mic calibration
- improved performance
- extended micW i436 sensitivity range
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
pretty reasonable analyzer
The different screens are clear, and useful. Although you can drag the spectrum up an down to change the vertical offset of the scaling, you can't zoom in on a narrower frequency range to observe a narrowband signal, and if a peak momentarily shows and is captured by the hold function, you can't point to it to find out what that frequency is after the instantaneous peak frequency had disappeared. Improvements are needed, but this is a good start.
Still going strong, years later
I use this app all the time for ringing out microphones, measuring SPL at concerts and in my car, with home theater setups, tuning subwoofer boxes, calculating the idle on my motorcycle... I could go on.
There was recently an update that caused the app to crash on my 5s running 12.4.8. I emailed the devs and received back a notification of a fix and scheduled update within minutes. And so I am here to write a review.
The best part of this app that I haven’t seen other apps do is the ability to save snapshots of frequency spectrum, to adjust the window function width, and simultaneously output different noise while capturing the input response. Super handy.
This app and service are worth every penny and should have higher reviews. Low reviewers don’t know what this app does or how to use it.
I been using this app for 4 years and never had an issue. It’s a good alternative when bringing my whole laptop, interface and mic setup would be too much or not practical.
- DSP Mobile UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 23.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Finnish, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © DSP Mobile UG
- In-App Purchases
- built-in microphones bundle $2.99
- MicW i436 $9.99
- Apple Earphones $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.