Anchor Sentry is an app to monitor the ship's position at anchor and inform the skipper when the anchor is dragging and thus the ship leaves the setup perimeter.
- Show current position on GoogleMaps map or Navionics map (To gain
access to Navionics maps from this application, users with an active Navionics
subscription in the Navionics Boating application must register with their Navionics
- Distance circles to help finding a good anchor position
- Drop anchor by tapping on map or by position or by bearing and distance
- Can be used for anchoring with shore lines by watching the heading rather than the position
- Tracks can be saves as GPX file for later processing
- Option to set up prohibited zones which will trigger an alert when entered. These can be used indepent of the anchor state
- Runs in the background even while other apps are used
- Unique sync functionality which allows to pair two or more devices together to see the ships position even while out to shore for dinner
- Barograph function included
- Display real echo sounder data from a providing NMEA server
- Optional compass overlay to help finding the bearing to the anchor
- Option to show current position visible to friends and family on the Anchor Sentry website
- Proximity alert between ships both using Anchor Sentry. To get warned when your neighbours anchor is dragging.
- Several setup options to customize your app
- Perimeter alert, proximity alert and battery alert can now configured to use different sounds.
- Added the possibility to use custom alarm sounds.
- Distances can now also been shown in feet instead of meter. See Settings.
- Added a contact form in the Settings.
- There is a new style for the main buttons that you may find more intuitive than the old style. If you prefer the old style you can switch to it in the Settings.
- Anchoring using the position dialog now works correctly at southern latitudes and western longitudes.
- Anchor Sentry uses now Critical Alerts. Critical Alerts will play even when the device is muted or set to not disturb. The next time you toggle alert on, you will be asked to allow Critical Alerts. You can disable this feature in the settings.
Ratings and Reviews
After using for about a week, I had a false alarm one night. No big deal, make the radius a little bigger and go back to sleep. Except due to some bug the alarm would not shut off. Make the radius huge, turn off the alarm button, nothing worked. So I force quit and reopened the app. Apparently the app doesn’t save your anchor position or track data, so now I have no idea if I’m actually dragging. The bug is unfortunate but tolerable, but throwing away my anchor position completely makes the app worthless in the middle of the night.
Only supports metric, so you have to convert in your head if you use feet.
Developer Response ,
You can specify in the settings if you want to keep anchoring position and track. The default value is no. Given you comment I will change this to yes.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Dieter Konz
- 81.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018-2022 Michael Konz
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.