*** Featured – App Store Essentials: Painting & Drawing ***
*** Featured – App Store: Middle School Apps - Art ***
*** Editor's Choice Award – Children's Technology Review ***
"Probably the best animation iPad app we have had the pleasure of using. Like all the best iPad apps, its simplicity is a key strength. Regardless of your skill level DoInk, with its powerful vector tools, key framing and bezier curve editing should keep you entertained for some time to come." – iPadCreative
"… an easy-to-use, fairly powerful… vector based animation experience for the iPad...If you like to introduce a child to the principles of animation, this app is definitely worth the download." – Children's Technology Review
"… incredible app that brings sophisticated graphic arts tools to any child, anywhere." –Teachers with Apps
"one of those amazing apps that really gets the wheels in their brains turning as they try to master this powerful animating tool… for a movie… or presentation at school-be it science or history – Mindleap Tech
Key Features & Benefits:
• easy-to-use, yet powerful vector drawing tools
• simple enough for doodlers, with advanced features for skilled artists
• flipbook-style animating – great for beginning animators
• keyframe animating – graduate to powerful animation techniques
• drag your finger to create motions paths – easy to make sophisticated animations
• make H.264 movies & PNG images – view on your iPad or save to the camera roll
• extensive collection of reusable art "props" (static and animated)
• extensive documentation embedded in the app
• create frame-by-frame animations or single-frame vector artwork
• powerful vector-based drawing tools, with automatic curve smoothing
• paint brush, pen, pencil, and fill tools for freehand drawing
• geometric shape tools (rectangles, ellipses, polygons, stars, flower shapes)
• transform/scale/rotate/arrange tools
• advanced bezier shape editing
• custom color palette
• gradients colors
• drawing layers
• rotoscoping: draw or trace over images and videos
• grouped shapes
• two-finger pan and zoom for precise drawing
• frame "ghosting"
• snap-to-grid, snap-to-paths, snap-to-points
• drag & drop your drawings to place on canvas
• easy-to-use key-framing for timing, position, rotation and scale
• intuitive timeline (similar to iMovie or GarageBand)
• nest compositions within compositions for complex animation effects
• adjustable frame rates, up to 30 fps
• animations rendered in H.264 on your iPad
• drawings rendered to PNG format
• save to the Camera Roll for easy sharing to YouTube, e-mail, etc.
• Support for HD (16 x 9), standard definition (4 x 3), and square (1 x 1) aspect ratios
Created by the team behind www.doink.com, an animation site of 400,000 users worldwide who created 2 million pieces of art, the Green Screen by DoInk app, featured in iTunes as a "Best New App in Education" and Doink Express app for creating animated clips using photos, drawings, art "props", animations and sound.
Please send any suggestions and/or feedback to email@example.com
Art by Priscilla Alpaugh Cotter http://www.priscillaalpaugh.com
• Bug fixes and stability improvements.
We value your feedback and suggestions, so feel free to get in touch! And our usual friendly reminder… positive reviews in the App Store really help, so if you’re loving the app, please take a minute to let people know how you feel. We really appreciate your support!
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this app for years, and unfortunately there has been some issues and wishes, the personal one I would like is exporting videos with clear backgrounds, if this isn’t a feature already, I’d love to see something like that implemented, another feature is audio while I animate. Very helpful, and as some other reviews have said, it would be helpful if the ‘inside’ pen option overlapped the whole drawing, not just one section. All of these ideas could really make this app better and life easier. Hope you’re able to read this.
This app is ridiculously sad. The tutorial is a REALLY long document, that was just poorly designed. The tutorial should have been a guide that shows you what to do, not tell you, and not give absurdly specific details. (Because it’s overly detailed) I didn’t even take the time to read it because it would just take so long. But, I messed around PLENTY and figured out how things work, and there should be bones for the animating, which I could not find. Also I couldn’t find layers. (Which I believe I read in the app description, and the description for the app is long, yet not nearly as long as the tutorial, so if you view the app description you should get my point as to how long it is) the app is simple, but it’s not simple to learn due to the tutorial. The main reason why I give it two stars instead of one is because I could have read the tutorial, but it was extremely poorly designed. So really my main reason for rating this poorly is me being too lazy to go through a really long, boring document, but hey, can you really blame me? Shoulda been a visual tutorial!! Honestly, I have found a FREE animation app better than this. I made a whole video series on that! This, this is only good for really short, repeating skits. Which is nice for social media, but I wanted much more out of this. If I could, I would get a refund without being hesitant at all. 2/5, money woulda been spent better on CANDY (which isn’t saying much I guess, since, you know... candy)
Developer Response ,
Are you referring to our manual that is embedded in our App? For Tutorials, please go to our website at http://www.doink.com/tutorials-1/ where you will find numerous tutorials as well as on YouTube. Any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. #doink
An troubling Issue. FIXED
Hi this isn’t really a review more of a question, I was making a drawing when suddenly after a short pulse the drawing I was working on exited out to the gallery and when I went back into the drawing I was working the editing shapes box disappeared and won’t come back no matter how many times I click on the icons, all the boxes work except that one. I’ve tried closing the app and restarting my iPad but the editing box still won’t appear, even in other drawings. If you could please help me with this I would greatly appreciate it, since this is the drawing app I feel really works for me and it would break my heart to lose it.
No worries anymore it’s back to working order, just had to delete and reinstall the app. Good thing I have some of my drawings saved in the Cloud to redownload back in the app. Now I can recommend this app for others, it’s enjoyable and very creative.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear you are having problems. Please email email@example.com. Thank you.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DK Pictures, Inc.
- 19.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 DK Pictures, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.