AnyList: Grocery Shopping List 4+
Recipe Keeper & Meal Planner
Purple Cover, Inc.
- Offers In-App Purchases
AnyList is the best way to create grocery shopping lists and collect and organize your recipes. Easily share a list with your spouse or roommates, for free. Changes show up instantly on everyone’s iPhone or iPad.
AnyList has been featured in the App Store as “New and Noteworthy”, a “Great Free App”, and one of “10 Essential” productivity apps.
“AnyList makes shared grocery lists simple and intuitive.” —Lifehacker
“AnyList sets the standard for grocery shopping list apps.” —AppStorm
“I don’t recommend going to the grocery store without it.” —Today’s iPhone
==== FEATURES ====
== LISTS ==
• Quickly add and cross off items. Autocomplete suggests common items as you type.
• Add items by voice with Siri and our Reminders Import feature.
• Add notes to list items to indicate quantity, brand, coupons, etc.
• Create multiple lists to organize items by store or occasion.
• Grocery items are automatically separated into categories.
• Create your own custom categories.
• Reorder categories to match the layout of your local store.
• Save items as favorites, then browse your favorites and add them to your current shopping list.
• View recent items from your past shopping trips, then add them back to your current list.
• Easily share lists. Just enter the email address of your spouse or roommate and your list is shared. List changes instantly show up on everyone’s iOS device.
• Lists can be shared with as many people as you'd like.
• Everyone creates their own AnyList account, so you can share some lists, while keeping others private.
• Optional push notifications let you know when a shared list has been modified.
• Optionally badge the app icon with the number of items remaining on your lists.
• Choose a color for each list to help distinguish lists.
• Move or copy items between lists.
• Print lists, or send via email or SMS.
== RECIPES ==
• Enter your own recipes, or copy & paste them from another source.
• Add ingredients from your recipes to your shopping lists with a single tap.
• Organize recipes into collections by type or occasion.
• Search your recipes by name or ingredients.
• Print recipes, or send via email.
• Share your recipe collection with a trusted partner. Any changes to recipes will be instantly visible to both of you.
== SYNC / BACKUP ==
• Sync all of your lists and recipes across all of your devices. Sign in to your AnyList account on your iPhone and iPad, and any change made on one will instantly sync to the other.
• All of your lists and recipes are securely backed up in the cloud as part of your AnyList account. If you get a new device, just sign in to your AnyList account to retrieve your data.
== ANYLIST COMPLETE (PREMIUM FEATURES) ==
All of the features above are available for free. We also offer an optional in-app purchase called AnyList Complete that unlocks the full power of the app with these great features:
• AnyList for Mac & AnyList for the Web. Use AnyList on your Mac or PC.
• AnyList for Apple Watch. Quickly access your lists on your wrist.
• Recipe Web Import. Save recipes you find on the web to AnyList
• Meal Planning Calendar. Plan your meals and shopping for the coming week.
• List Item Photos. Add a photo to list items. For shared lists, photos can be viewed by everyone sharing the list.
• Recipe Photos. Add a photo to your recipes, instead of being limited to icons.
• Recipe Scaling. Quickly scale ingredient quantities up or down.
• Item Prices. Stick to your budget by adding prices to items.
• Stores & Filters. Assign items to stores and quickly filter your list by store.
• List Themes. Apply themes to your lists, with custom fonts, textures, and color.
• List Folders. Create folders to organize lists and reduce clutter.
• Location-Based Reminders. Get reminders when near a store or other location.
• List Passcode Lock. Protect your lists from casual snooping.
==== CONTACT US ====
We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
AnyList includes icons from icons8.com.
AnyList v5.26.1 fixes a few minor bugs.
AnyList v5.26 added hundreds of full color icons for personalizing your recipe collections and recipes.
Thank you for using AnyList and if you have any questions or suggestions for improving the app, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Within my top #10 apps - just brilliant!
Folks, I used multiple shopping AND recipe app before AnyList and this one takes the top ranking (in both categories); it’s not even a close contest! In fact, this is one of my most used of any apps on my iPhone (and I have 100+ in multiple categories). The native recipe clipping built into the OS works across apps like Food Network as well as so many recipe blogger sites. In a recent update, AnyList also added the ability to copy and paste a recipe in, greatly enhancing this part of the app, to provide even more flexibility for websites that aren’t constructed for this type of clipping otherwise. The scaling feature helps you adjust recipes to just the right size to feed only you or your crowd of any size! Then, to top it off, the handy meal planning and automatic shopping list creation is just what you need to make your grocery trips efficient for the days ahead.
I have even used this app to catalog and inventory my father’s wood works… for craft shows we do. My only wish is that there was an export feature that was better. I can get the list out in text form, but the pictures don’t transfer. This would be very handy for added flexibility but I understand it is not at the core of what AnyList is about.
All in all, I strongly recommended you get this app, subscribe to the premium edition, and tell all your friends. I DO and will KEEP DOING THIS. Well done, AnyList team!!! (and, I get it as an entrepreneur founder/CEO)
One of my favorite apps
I’ve been using this app for years and it just came up on my renewal, so I figured I would leave a review as I am always happy to subscribe. I use this as a family subscription at only $15 for a year. I used the free version for a while and enjoyed how much is included. But I love this application so much I wanted to ensure they got paid for my usage. The features of the paid version are genuinely useful. The recipe import alone is worth every penny. But the meal planning calendar is great, and when you decide to plan a recipe you can send all the ingredients right to your shopping list. I’ve used the pricing and store functions before in the past and it’s very easy and allows you to be more organized while planning. It also auto sorts groceries into categories. So while I am picking out all my fruits and veggies, I can look in that section and grab everything. I’m not searching through the list or missing something and need to go back because I didn’t see it. I use this for a household of two and we use our Alexa to add items to our shared list while going about our days. We also both have the app on our phones and can cross off items while shopping and see it updated in real time on each other’s lists. I couldn’t say enough about how happy I am with this app and will continue to use it and refer others to it as I will not use anything else after this. Thank you to the creators!
My longtime favorite app
I am rewriting and resubmitting my review of the AnyList app. I have been using it faithfully for many years and am so very impressed at how functional it is. AnyList is one of those apps that just keeps getting better and better. I have a separate list of house cleaning/yard work duties that syncs to my son’s iPhone, so I just select which home maintenance items need to be completed — and he uses his view of the list as a guide to get his chores done. I have also created packing lists for everyone in my family. I check-off items and they pack from their lists. When we travel, we have essential items we always need for virtually every destination. These listed items are sorted by room so basically I go down the list from the master bedroom… to the basement selecting the destination’s essential items from each room and pack them immediately. We never forget sunglasses, flip-flops, ski goggles, iPad chargers or underwater cameras etc. Surprisingly, I’ve come to love the recipe section of AnyList. I’ve cooked many of the included recipes and have imported dozens of others and now never run out of creative dinner ideas to cook for my family. With recent updates, the developers have made the recipe section even more functional. These developers are dedicated to making AnyList as useful as possible — plus they are extremely responsive to your questions and requests for new features. This is a great app… one that you will find many, many uses for.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Purple Cover, Inc.
- 86.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2023 Purple Cover, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Individual Subscription $9.99
- 1 Year Household Subscription $14.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.