Citation Generator helps create in-text citations and references for American Psychological Association (APA™) Format 6th edition essays.
* Print out in-text citations and references.
* Download APA™ Format Template
* Includes 25 in-text citations and reference generators. Artwork, Audio File, Books, Blog, Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Facebook, Google+, Government, Journals, Lecture, Magazine, Newspaper, Online News Article, Online Image, Online Video, Podcast, Power Point Presentations, Radio, Software, Website, Wikipedia, Television, Twitter, and YouTube sources.
* Share in-text citations and references.
* Automatically saves generated results in local database for later retrieval.
* Personal Notes section for all generated references.
American Psychological Association (APA), are registered trademarks of the American Psychological Association.
To make Citation Generator better for you, we deliver updates regularly. These updates include bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Wish there was a secondary resource plug in
Other than the title, this little app is a gold mine for anyone studying or writing needing these specific platforms. Takes away almost all of the headache when citing. Thanks for making this.
Great idea BUT has a few glitches
Not the worst way to spend $3, but disappointing as I was really excited about the idea of not having to use the internet or a laptop for reference citation in the APA style. The "book" reference only works with authors, no editors (which there's a rule about this but it would be great if the App gave a reminder as to why or how to use editors when there are no authors listed). Also, it requires that the "page number" box is completed but often the keyboard won't drop down so that the page number box can be accessed--and this isn't just an error on my part as it randomly decides to allow me to access the "page number". Once these glitches are repaired, the rating could be five stars as it's nice to have the app rather than a 5 lb book to lug around (or a laptop).
Okay...some formatting issues.
I use the app quite often in my masters degree studies. After filling out the form full of details the app does not use italics for the journal title or volume number. Also, it capitalizes the first letter of each word in the title. APA should only capitalize the first word and the other remain lowercased. It would also be nice to save citations into an alphabetized reference page. This app is a time saver.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.