One of the #1 creative app for all writers! Just open to write and follow the prompt suggestions, it's that easy.
More than 500,000 unique writing starting lines and creative writing prompts to inspire you and give you ideas for creative writing. Good for poetry writing, journal writing, storytelling, narration, cinema, and more. All using a patented artificial intelligence technology.
The app even reminds you to write a little every day, and shows you progress on your writing goals as you go.
Whenever you sit down to write, Prompts suggests a few words to get you started. And if you ever get stuck while writing, Prompts is there to give you advice on how to keep going without leaving the app.
"Getting stuck with writer's block is a huge pain. Prompts provides great inspiration." - Mashable
Prompts is great for students in the classroom, amateur writers, or professionals who want to free write more often.
** Part of the Apple Education program, teachers and schools get a discount when buying this app! **
• Prompts gets you writing, even when you don't know where to start
• More than 500,000 unique starting lines and creative prompts like that of Brian Eno
• Set a custom, daily writing goal and use the app to hit it
• View custom writing stats like how often you write, how long you write, and more
• Set daily writing reminders to keep yourself motivated
• Categorize your writing with custom, color-coded tags
• Auto-save so you never lose a word of writing
• Write in either landscape or portrait view, on your iPhone or iPad
• Adjustable font size and styling
• Backup and sync your writing to iCloud
• Share your writing by email, Twitter, or Facebook, and more
Why use Prompts for creativity writing?
• Prompts is full of unique writing prompts and starting lines. Feeling stuck or creatively blocked? Press the lightning bolt at any time and you'll be presented with a prompt to help inspire you.
• Even if you don't know where to start writing, just open the app and press the plus button to get a random and totally unique idea in the form of a starting line. There are hundreds of completely original ideas to start from.
• On the bus, in the break room, anywhere you are, Prompts helps you become a better writer and build a writing habit with just a few minutes a day
Whether you want to write more just for fun or if you write for a profession, you are going to love how Prompts helps you write. Built for writers who love apps like Bear, OneNote, IA Writer, Grammarly, and other creative writing prompts apps.
- New prediction engine: Prompts will now automatically notify you when it's confident there's a writing prompt you might be able to use
- Resolved a bug that would cause Prompts to crash on some devices when a writing prompt was requested
- Added support link directly to the settings menu
- Additional improvements and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I Enjoy This App
I can see where it may be useful for writers block but the random suggestions it throws out is also a great way to get your brain moving and creating in general, plus, it's fun and at times informative and amusing when you reread the stuff you come up with. When you have a random prompt, in my opinion it gets your brain moving and sometimes totally off topic but, if have other projects to write since they are on your mind sometimes, you come up with the starting or the main idea you can rework at a later date and most of the work is already complete except for touch ups and making applicable to the topic, whatever it may be. I don’t use it to journal but those that may have a hard time getting their feelings out may find it useful as well.
Needs to provide prompts throughout various writing assignments
This is Brittany Daniels. For this app to be useful for me it first needs to ask me what I am going to write. Then it needs to give me prompts along the way that are adapted to the writing assignments I currently get and will get in the future while I am working on getting an A.A.S degree in Design and Media Production from Georgia Piedmont Technical College in Clarkston, GA. This is coming from a part time working low income adult college student diagnosed so far with autism, generalized anxiety disorder and dyspraxia who has a very hard time getting her thoughts onto a blank Word Document, because thoughts go so fast to my brain, by the time I go to do whatever writing assignment my professor has currently assigned, I forget what I am going to write. Not many or any apps out there to help me with writing, especially when I am a visual learner who needs prompts along the way of any writing assignments to be given to me to help me get my thoughts down. Also being able to export to Microsoft Word & PowerPoint and other software, like any software under the Adobe CC 2019 collection is going to be very useful for me. Any help will be needed.
I can’t believe I didn’t find this app years ago! I’ve been using it for three days and the prompts really cater to how I write and gets my brain jogging. However, the reviews had me a little skeptical about losing all of my work :(. So I just downloaded Google Drive and copied and pasted everything there in a document so I know my writing is truly saved. I think something in future development should be able to sync to something like Dropbox or Google Drive if you’re able to work with them. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.