This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the favourite APRS web site of the amateur radio world.
Obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
• Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
• Track multiple stations at the same time
• Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
• View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
• Beacon your position on aprs.fi
• Attach to a transceiver with a wireless connection to a BLE TNC, receive and transmit position beacons without the Internet
• Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
• Tested to work great on iPhone 5S, 6, 7, 8, X, iPad 2, iPad Mini 2 and all newer models
• Supports iOS 11/12/13
• Dark Mode support for an ergonomic viewing experience in low-light environments
• High-resolution graphics for Retina and Retina HD displays with full APRS symbol set
Buy the app – get the web site for free!
Some new features introduced in future versions may require a small subscription fee. All currently existing and some new features will be available without a subscription fee.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
GPS is not required for viewing APRS information.
• Dark Mode support for iOS 13! Ergonomic colour palette for low-light environments.
• Fixed a few small bugs here and there.
• Requires iOS 11 or later. Removed some old code and difficult workarounds for older versions.
Ratings and Reviews
When I first got this app I couldn’t get “anyone” to show up but me on the map screen. Since the last update, I I am able to see other Ham rigs that have broadcasted recently, as I travel. I leave it on, with the beacon active, tp always keep me “on-grid” and showing on the map. I love this app! Because it shows so much on the highways, I leave it going on my iPad Mini in my Jeep, as the navigations app. It’s awesome!
Only Complaint 😁
Overall, really like the app. I thought it was cool that for different SSIDs you could specify a different comment so when you switch between them, the comment is specific to that SSID.
My only complaint is any beacon I make with the different SSIDs that I use always have a “(from KB4SBY)” and therefore when I search for that SSID, it doesn’t actually show up. Because of that, my SSIDs are not grouped together. There might be a way to change that but I haven’t figured it out yet.
APRS app that keeps getting better
All apps have issues and bugs. This one seems to keep improving without causing big changes that would make users hate the change. Excellent program. I hope they continue on the same path of improvement and integration with new things like the new external bluetooth APRS devices on the market. -KX4MQ
- GainIO Oy
- 21.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 GainIO Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.