"PulseModem A" is an APRS client, that reads and reports APRS location and messages.
APRS is a digital communications protocol that can exchanges information among large number of stations both local and global.
You as a licensed Amateur Radio operators can send and receive APRS location and message in 2 ways:
- Direct to the APRS-IS Network
- Sent via amateur radios supporting VHF Band at 144MHz.
Full AX.25 software AFSK modem is available for off-the-grid operations. Internet optional!
APRS is a registered trademark of Bob Bruninga.
APRS client that reads and reports APRS location and message for amateur radio operators.
Full AX.25 software AFSK modem is available for off-the-grid operations. Free!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So far so good!
Been looking for a good APRS app since I switched to an iPhone a few years ago. This app is a big step in the right direction!
4 stars for now to give room for improvement. The app is super easy to use and I was up and running in less than 2 min! It does 80% of what I want out of the box. Awesome!
Constructive feedback that would get me to 5 stars:
- it needs a messaging interface. A way to send / receive messages between stations or receive bulletins. And a way to view old messages / threads. Similar to the Messages interface on iOS.
- please let us display the call sign of a station on the map. Or make that a configurable option.
- please let us configure the distance to filter packets on the APRS-IS network. I might want to see more / less than 100km.
- please add the ability to beacon automatically every x min or x miles or something like that.
This is definitely a step in the right direction and could fill a huge void on iOS for APRS apps. I’d definitely consider paying for more functionality. Thanks!
Nice but could use 1 more feature.
I like the app but needs offline map capability in order to use in areas without internet connection. Please add a feature for downloading offline maps (street map, topo, terrain, sat, etc..).
Very nice and simple
I love the simple interface to this app. And it’s open source too!
One thing I am seeing is that it doesn’t work well with Vox. It needs a setting to allow a “start tone” to trigger the Vox and an adjustable delay before the transmission. This of course would go hand in hand with an auto-beacon feature.
Thank you so much for putting this out there for free. It’s hands down the best approach to this. Keep up the good work!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.