Now you could measure the height of a tree with high accuracy. The app uses AR technology in your phone to measure the distance from the tree and the angle to the top of the tree to get an estimate of its height.
The best tool is the one that´s always with you, your phone.
You could also measure buildings, poles, towers and bridges.
- Feet/ Meter
- Save measurements
- Measure the inclination of a tree
- Measure the crown width
- Measure the height of the crown
- Share your measurements
In order to get the best results, hold the camera in an upright position when you walk away from the tree. Don´t point the camera to the ground. Try to stand some distance from the tree and have a good view of the top of the tree.
You could test five measurements . You could buy unlimited measurements and help us to add more features.
1. Go close to the trunk of a tree (2-3 feet) and move the camera in order for the device to locate the tree. Aim at the tree and press mark.
2. Walk away from the tree about the same length as the tree height
3. Aim at the base of the tree. You could zoom in the picture if it is har to se the base. Press the mark-button.
4. Aim at the top of the tree and press the mark-button.
5. Give the tree a name and save.
Requirements: Iphone SE, 6S, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X, Xs, XR, Xs Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, Ipad mini (2019), Ipad Pro, Ipad (5th gen), Ipad (6th gen).
Show user location on map.
Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great concept- I wish it also had tree diameter
I think it works well, you definitely want to walk far away from the tree to get better results.
I will know how accurate it is when the actual tree survey is done.
But it worked for my needs, not perfect but definitely better than just guessing.
Please add a DBH measurement option. Thanks.
Far better than alternative manual methods
Not perfect — it would be helpful to include usage information or a link to a help file. The newest version has the very nice addition of the gps position for mapping the measurements.
It is sooo much better than using the stick method for height and trying to get a clear path for measuring the distance to the tree or trying to get measurements under the tree for crown width.
I’m updating tree heights and DBH for protected trees in my city. Did not have my laser with me one day, and downloaded this app in desperation. It worked great for what I needed. Thank you!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Arboreal AB
- 14 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Danish, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Arboreal AB
- In-App Purchases
- Activate unlimited measurement $22.99
- One year of measurements $7.99
- One month of measurements. $2.49