The social network for artists. Artfol offers a unique and more organic experience with features such as a chronological feed and hidden likes and community challenges.
The social network for artists. Artfol is made for artists, focused on showcasing artwork and supporting any and all artists. Open to all forms of visual art, Artfol provides tools which give you full control of your Artfol experience; from customising your profile and gallery to resharing your favorite artwork! Users can engage in discussions on the Community tab, browse art from the Discover page and converse with others through private messaging.
• We are bringing back chronological feeds! Never miss when users post, as the posts on your feed will be kept in the order of when they were posted.
• Our algorithms are weighed on recentness, this means that every artist (both big and small) will have an equal chance of having their posts seen.
• Engage with the community; participating in challenges and answering questions are great ways to get exposure!
• Browse existing challenges through the dedicated challenge tab
• Participate in challenges or start your own!
• Browse challenge submissions through the submission tab.
• Customise your gallery by selecting which artwork to show people when they first visit your profile!
• Upload your own profile picture and banner
• Choose a theme colour for your profile
• Write an intro which will show up below your username
• Choose to add a commission tab to show others you are open to commissions!
• Reshare your favorite artwork from other artists!
• Users will be able to like the original artwork through reshares
Post and Browse Text Posts
• Make text posts to interact with your followers
• Browse other text posts through the community tab
• Browse questions asked by the community through the question tab or ask your own questions
• If you are not an artist but still would like to browse the app, make a non-artist account!
• Get access to all the content on the platform
• Have the ability to make text posts as well as comment on posts and reply to comments
Terms of Service: https://artfol.co/terms-of-service.html
• Added Traditional and Digital filters to Discover
• Patched minor design inconsistencies around dark mode
• Removed cooldowns for posting challenges and critiques
• Added external link icons for RedBubble, Reddit, Carrd, Buymeacoffee, and Webtoons
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but a few issues:
This is an awesome app! I really enjoy the possibilities that it opens with networking, inspiration, and just getting traction. That being said, there are a few critical areas that I’d highly suggest fixing up:
First, PLEASE make this available in landscape format for iPadOS!! As one who primarily uses a keyboard to type and navigate, it can be very difficult—I have to take my device out of my case just to use it properly. This isn’t necessarily an issue that applies to everyone, but it’s what is bugging me the most.
Second, I would really appreciate a more advanced stats view for my art. Something such as a graph that shows how many likes, comments, reposts, etc. on my artwork (only available for me to view) would be very handy in helping me figure out how I’m doing with my community. Notifications are great, but can be an absolute pain to navigate through and organize.
Lastly, I would also think that allowing one to post multiple images at once (as a sort of collage, or scroll-through thing) would be handy!! And also, allowing one to make “albums” of artwork to keep it organized. This would definitely clean up people’s channels a bit more.
Otherwise, this app has been great so far!! I look forward to working with it in the future :)
a promising new app!
I downloaded artfol because a lot of my friends participated in beta testing and they enjoyed it. It was a little (very) laggy and I had difficulty making an account. Apparently that’s just because lots of people are getting it though. I like the overall design, but I do have a few suggestions
- allowing for multiple images in each post. a lot of artists draw comics that take up several slides, and trying to post them all separately in order would be a hassle what with the ten money posting cooldown. also, I know that some artists like to provide close-ups of larger drawings.
- have a tutorial when you first open the app that explains what everything does. I was really confused at first, I think that would help.
For people who are wondering if they should get artfol, I definitely recommend it. It’s a little rough right now but you can tell that it’s a work in progress. I think eventually people will settle in and we’ll be able to have a really nice community away from the toxicity of Instagram. Right now it feels lonely, but I am sure that’s going to change!
Has such an amazing future
Totally worth the experience. The community is nice, and everyone is looking for growth. In order to grow on Artfol, you need to help grow other’s accounts. If you are someone who is willing to support others, I can guarantee others will help support you. Because of this, it’s super easy to make friends on Artfol. I definitely recommend downloading ❤️
This app, though very flawed as of right now, has such amazing potential. As a beta tester, the loading speeds were SO much faster. I often see new people complain about this, which I know it’s annoying but with time they will be able to afford getting us faster speeds. Also, please be patient with crashes. I know it’s annoying but if you wait till less active times you will be able to post. Also, this is another thing that can be fixed once things start to pick up.
What I want to see:
Some things I would love to see are speedpaint features, multiple images in one post, and some other post tags (nsfw and gore type tags) that can be customized. And a search save function. But all this being said, this will take time.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Artfol LTD
- 28.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Artfol Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Artfol Prisma $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.