THE ARTSCROLL DIGITAL LIBRARY / WASSERMAN DIGITAL INITIATIVE featuring the:
- Schottenstein English Talmud
- Schottenstein Hebrew Talmud
- Safra French Talmud
- Edmond J. Safra Chumashim (Stone)
- Schottenstein Elucidated Mishnah
- The Wasserman Ashkenaz Smart Siddur
- The Kest Sefard Smart Siddur
- The Jaffa Hebrew English Tanach
- The Kleinman Kitzur Shulchan Aruch
- The Jaffa Mesillas Yesharim
- The Kleinman Daily Dose Series
- and dozens of Ebooks
A revolutionary new way to study and pray!
New features like Page-syncing, Place-tracking, Floating-translation, Quick-scroll, re-sizable text, automatic-delivery, subscriptions – will transform your learning experience!
Features have been added for all levels of Talmud students from beginner to expert.
* Learn anywhere! Even without being connected to the internet for daily use
* Automatically get samples of The Siddur, Tanach, Kitzur and current Daf Yomi Tractate when you install this FREE app.
MULTIPLE VIEW OPTIONS
* Study in the same familiar format as the printed edition
* Full Screen Translation or Vilna Page Layout
* Split Screen Translation and Vilna View
* New English-Only Translation View
* New Hebrew-Only Schottenstein View
* Reflowable Vilna Page with Rashi and Tosafos in block letters
* Innovative Place Tracking – shows you the exact place on the facing page – so you will never lose your place, and you will immediately know where you are up to
* The new Hybrid page will allow you to study directly on the classic Vilna page – with popups that can be configured to show you the translation, notes, and commentaries without leaving the Vilna page!
* Resize the text to 250% and Zoom in on the Vilna page
* BUY A COMPLETE VOLUME
* BUY A SINGLE DAF
* BUY THE 73 VOLUME SET
* DAF YOMI SUBSCRIPTION – sign up to get automatic access to a month's worth of Daf Yomi content and have those pages automatically added permanently to your library!
- Subscription automatically renews every month. No need to go back to the store!
- The Daf Yomi content is downloaded automatically when you launch the app and are connected to a network - Only $9.99 a month - this not a rental - this is a now purchase.
ENHANCEMENTS TO THE CLASSIC VILNA PAGE
* Click on any phrase and the corresponding Rashi, Tosafos, Mosaf Rashi, Ein Mishpat, Masores Hashas and more will instantly highlight
* Click on a Rashi and other commentaries/annotations and it will highlight the corresponding place within the Vilna text
* Popovers can be configured to show you all the Rashi, Tosafos, and Mosaf Rashi, Ein Mishpat, Mesores Hashas, etc. that are related to that phrase
* Color Coding and statment breakdown of the Vilna Page create a visual map of the logical flow of the page.
* Looks just like the printed book
* Statement types – now you can show if each section is a Statement, Question, Answer, Inquiry or Proof.
* For the best experience we recommend an iPad 2 or the New iPad due to the intense processing requirements for the interactive Vilna page
* The entire Talmud when complete will fit in under 3 Gb so any device will work
* An Apple ID is required to get additional content
* Downloads and Automatic updates require an active wi-fi or cellular data connection
DAF YOMI SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same $9.99 price
- Subscriptions may be managed by you, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Terms of Service:
Minor Bug Fixes for this Major Releae
ArtScroll’s Classic Chumashim with groundbreaking new features!
The Edmond J. Safra Digital Chumashim - English, Hebrew And French versions
The Chumash content is based on the Classic Stone Chumash English, The Edmond J. Safra French Chumash and The Schottenstein Hebrew Chumash
We enhanced all three version of the Chumash to have fully vowelized Rashi (with a block letter option), ikar Sifsei Chachamim and Baal Haturim. We added Hyperlinks to all the sources in the Commentaries and the extensive notes. Access references to the Talmud, Mishnah, Chumash Tanach, Midrashim, Classic Commentaries and more with just a tap! Seeing these commentaries with all the sources hyperlinked – will change the way you learn Chumash
Each Chumash has the classic ArtScroll Digital Library features – plus:
* PDF versions of the Print editions of the Chumashim – Stone English Ed. , Safra French Ed, Schottenstein Hebrew Ed. with interactive Hyperlinks – you will feel right at home with the Chumash you are used to – but able to access thousands of links to sources.
* Ability to customize the Chumash to show the content that you want, how you want it and where you want it. Customize the main Text window, Lower Window, Translation window and pop over – to experience the Chumash in new ways that suit your learning style. The Chumash can change dynamically to be one of dozens of Chumashim.
* Verse by Verse Mode/Chapter Mode – toggle back and forth without losing your place. Verse by Verse – is perfect on a phone – where you see the text in bite-size or in-depth chunks. Chapter mode looks super on an ipad. You can even have different content settings for Verse by Verse and Chapter modes.
* Shnayim Mikra Mode – tap a button and the Chumash will present each verse twice followed by Onkelos or the translation (or both)
* 5 Tikun Modes – for beginner to advanced. Learn how to read the Torah gradually. Select if you want to see the Trop, Nikud, Modified Torah Script or full Torah Script. Start easy and graduate to full Tikun Mode
* Paragraph Mode – See the Hebrew Chumash text broken in Paragraph format for ease of understanding based on the English/French Translation
* Topic Headings can Break Up the original Chumash Text – in to major sections – each linked to a section summary
* 6 Inline Translation Formats – Phrase by Phase or Sentence by Sentence – and each one can be centered, stacked or justified
* You can even Mix and match these modes for incredible and fun combinations
* Enhanced Onkelus
o Tap on a button and See the main Screen change to be Interlinear Onkelos – based on the new ArtScroll Onkelos Series
o Setting to highlight the place where Onkelos deviates from the literal Translation
o Turn On/Off the text Variants
o Turn on Interlinear in the Lower Window or the Translation Popover
* Enhanced Note Window Options
o See The Commentary in Classic format
o See all the commentaries in the chapter arranged by verse – so you can see the big picture too
o Change the Lower Window to see just the commentaries on notes on the current verse
* Switch between The English, French and Hebrew versions of the Chumash without losing your place
* Search the Chumash or chumash commentaries
* Buy any one version and get the other two versions for free
Other system wide changes
* Turn the pages of the pdf s (like Vilna Pages) by pulling
* Off line Sefaria integration – access thousands of Links to sources hosted by Sefaria. Don’t have internet access –install the Sefaria app and their library and all of these sources will be available off-line
- New gears to make it easy to find the settings that control different parts of the app
o Main Window
o Translation Popover window
o Translation Window
o The Notes Window
* Override the language of the App to English, Hebrew or French
* Hebrew Mishnayos fixes
* Sefard Siddur Fixes
* Additional font size Options
* Search filter by volume language
Ratings and Reviews
It’s an awesome app that is nice to carry around my library anywhere I go. However, I’d like to see more in the digital library. Like the sets of writings, prophets, and Chumash. I would also like an easier and faster interface that would also work with the Apple Pencil and write notes. I feel they definitely need to higher new designers for the app. It’s nice and convenient, but it’s hard to navigate easily and feel that it needs to be brought up to today’s standards.
Great App, please add hyperlinks to every reference
Please add hyperlinks to as many of the references as you can in the Hebrew and English parts, including the notes. I love the ability to click on the references in the notes. Please add hyperlinks to all references to other commentators in the notes to Chumash, Rashi, Tosfos, Mishna Berurah, Rishonim, Achronim, etc.. This will make your product unique and a must-have product. Thanks for helping us all take our learning to the next level.
Also, as someone whose spent approximately $1,500 to buy the paper copy of the ArtScroll Shas and Mishna, it’s hard to justify spending more money on the electronic version. Is there a way I can show you that I own the paper copy and you can give me access to the electronic version of what I already purchased. Thanks in advance for saying yes.
Great idea many issues existing for way too long
This is a wonderful app. However it has many issues the developers simply won't fix. When downloading volumes you get an odd error with a series of letters. Wren queried they blamed Apple. No, this is ridiculous. Every other app fixes their bugs to work with Apple's system. Then they never update the base files with updates. So if you have to download again for whatever reason you get the base files from years ago and thousands and thousands of updates that have to run. Much better would be to update the base files every couple of years to avoid the hours it takes to download again. Finally the most recent version puts the dedication line at the top of each page and even worse it changes up and back which is very distracting when learning.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mesorah Publications
- 81.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- © Mesorah Publications, Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Schottenstein Talmud Digital English Monthly Daf Yomi Subscription $9.99
- Talmud English #09 Pesachim 1 Digital Ed. $9.99
- Talmud English #03 Shabbos 1 Digital Ed. $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.