ASAP STAR systems provide instantaneous, accurate, and reliable takeoff/landing performance (runway analysis) and weight & balance data. With airport data and surveillance for over 20,000 runways worldwide, STAR's airport database offers analysis in even the most remote locations. Automated monthly data updates ensure that the system is always using the current data.
The Flight Management screen serves as the central hub for the STAR systems. From here, the operator begins a flight by entering vital flight information, such as flight number, aircraft, flight date, and departure, arrival, and alternate airports. The operator can then move on to the dedicated Weight & Balance or Runway Analysis screens to enter the respective information and perform calculations. All of the critical results will be transferred back to the Flight Management screen, giving the operator a "snap shot" of all the necessary information needed to takeoff.
The STAR systems will take the guess work out of critical weight & balance calculations. The intuitive Weight & Balance screen enables the operator to quickly and accurately perform all the necessary calculations and ensures all loading limits are met. Takeoff weight, CG, and trim tab settings are instantly produced with supreme accuracy.
On the Runway Analysis screen, the STAR system produces maximum performance weights for actual atmospheric, runway, and aircraft systems conditions. By calculating for only one set of conditions, payload can be maximized without compromising safety. Maximum takeoff weights for different runways can be quickly compared, then the operator can select a specific runway to view other important data like power settings, V-speeds, stabilizer settings, and more.
STAR also offers operators the ability to create their own NOTAM shortened runway, a user friendly function that allows for instantaneous, last minute calculations for changes in airport data. This eliminates the rush for obtaining last minute and shortened takeoff/landing performance, associated possible flight delays, and emergency fees. STAR is a pure self-contained solution for takeoff/landing performance.
The STAR advantages will be apparent almost immediately. The user will see just how easy the system is to operate and how quickly data is calculated. However, the most important benefit will be seen later on - the cost savings STAR will provide to your operation. A major air cargo operation projected an annual savings of over $2,000,000 just in increased fuel efficiency thanks to the performance optimization that STAR provides.
PDF generation broken on iOS 15. Do not update to iOS 15 if you require PDFs or printing.
A solution is in progress.
- NOTAMs no longer being automatically retrieved, because it is now a paid service.
- UI changes for RCC feature
- RA Calculator screen now scrolls together
- Some UI Bugfixes on iOS 15.
- B737-300 & -400 updates RCC landing data
- DHC-8 fleet update for RCC landing data
- DHC-8-100 & -300 updates for deice fluid combined with anti-ice on
- ATR 42 & 72 update for landing in icing conditions
- MD 83 fixed crash and added data for wheel brake inop
- Fixed a bug that caused infinite loops in landing distance required
in some situations
- Fixed a bug that allowed more infants than seats in some situations
- Fixed a bug that caused invalid CG calculations when taxi fuel was 0
- Fixed a crash when updating aircraft tables
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Automated Systems in Aircraft Performance, Inc.
- 68.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Automated Systems in Aircraft Performance, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.