ASIAIR is a smart WiFi controller. You can control the all ASI USB 3.0 cameras as well as mini series cameras and selected DSLRs, an equatorial mount to GoTo and Guiding, Focusing with ZWO EAF, capture with your phone or tablet when connected to ASIAIR WiFi. There is no VNC and remote desktop.
ASIAIR can handle all tasks associated with DSO imaging, such as Preview, Plate Solving, Focus, Polar Align, Guiding, Autorun, Live Stacking etc.
ZWO has released a new generation of products-ASIAIR PRO.
- Add automatic meridian flip function
- Add network STA Mode
- Add external USB memory stick storage method
- Add wired Ethernet connection method and add speed test function
- Add ZWO new cameras support: ASI6200 (ASIAIR PRO only), ASI2600, ASI533
- Optimized the EAF Settings page
- Optimized the Startup page logic
- Optimized the Guiding function
- Optimized the Histogram stretching algorithm
- Add more EXP options: 600s, 1000s in Preview
ASIAIR PRO Functions
- Add Live (Live Stacking) function
- Add power outputs control
- Add support for DSLRs with shutter release cable, will exceed 30s exposure limitation
Thanks to all ZWOers who helped test and feedback in the beta releases. Special thanks to @TJ Connolly @Luis Calle Rosasco @Ian Barredo @Simon Lewis @Blaine Korcel @Beaner Franks @Dave Imm @Roman Hujer @Rutger Bus @Drew Evans @Nobuo Suzuki and all of you who are in the Testing Group.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
UI can be better
The app is functional. But UI is not polished and weird looking on any iOS device.
Developer Response ,
We are working on the UI & UX, thanks for your feedback.
Integrates cameras telescope and mount
This works as expected and gets better with each update. I use it with ASIAIR USB3 camera and USB3 camera, for tracking, and iOptron CEM 40 mount and 72mm refractor. The integration with SkySafari is excellent, and the plate solving is great as it rechecks location after a move. They have added more objects to the listing of Goto’s so its easy to use it to 3 star align your mount. This time of year it’s nice to set it up, and then stay indoors to view the images.
No more laptop in the field
This self contained device is all that is needed to guide and take astrophotos with ZWo asi cameras.
Company is constantly making improvements through app updates and working on new features. The support is no doubt the best I have experienced. Apple and Microsoft should take note!
Right now only works with ZWo asi cameras but it’s worth that limitation not to have to take a laptop into the field. I only need my iPhone or iPad.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your support.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.