This app works with the Ventipix Asset & Inventory Manager web app.
The web app enables you to track assets and inventory online. It uses this app for scanning 1D barcodes, 2D barcodes (such as QR Codes, and Datamatrix ), NFC tags and GS1 compliant barcodes (such as Digital Links or element strings).
The data captured when a barcode is scanned or NFC tag is tapped is sent back to the cloud, along with additional custom data relating to the asset, inventory or delivery.
All captured data can be seen from the dashboard of the web app. The web app allows you to view, update, and delete records. It also enables you to grant access to specific features and then shows the logs of who performed what action.
Asset Management Features
- Asset Tagging - enables you to update or add assets to the system
- Check out - enables you to record who has borrowed or is in possession of an asset
- Check-in - enables you to record when an asset has been returned
- Maintenance - enables you to keep an asset's maintenance history up to date
- Reservation - enables you to hold off an item from being checked out within a certain time frame
- Auditing - enables you to record the audit status of your assets
Inventory Management Features
- Inventory Tracking - enables you to update or add inventory to the system
- Stock-take - enables you to count stock by scanning barcodes
- Add/Reduce Stock - enables you to make inventory quantity adjustments
- Transfer Stock - enables you to record stock movements
Delivery Management Features
- Goods Received - enables you to track the conditions and status of goods received
- Goods Dispatched - enables you to update the status of delivered products
Cost Tracking Features
- With the cost tracking feature, you can track the costs associated with the acquisition, maintenance, and disposal of products or services. The feature also supports the attachment of documents such as receipts, invoices, etc.
GS1 Digital Link Features
- With the GS1 Digital Links feature, you can manage many destination URLs for various link types, make changes to the URLs at any time, generate digital links, generate or print barcodes, scan Digital Link or Scan4Transport QR codes & Datamatrix barcodes, and extract application identifiers such as GTIN, SSCC, etc.
Work In Progress (WIP) Features
With the WIP feature, you can track and update the status of a product as it progresses from one phase to another.
The app integrates with:
QuickBooks Online - for syncing inventory data, inventory adjustments, and purchase order status.
Google Sheets and Excel Online - for syncing asset or inventory data, or history logs
Zapier and Microsoft Power Automate - for creating automated workflows
Shopify and Square - for syncing inventory data, and inventory adjustments.
- Email notifications support for expiry dates, due or overdue assets, low stock, new records, changed records, etc.
- Push notifications and webhooks alerts based on custom conditions
Other useful features supported include document uploads, photo uploads, customizable form fields, GPS capture, GS1 identifiers extraction, offline mode, etc.
This application can be used in schools, universities, businesses, charities, events, warehouses, haulage, labs, offices, health care, construction, libraries, rental services, equipment hire, tools rental, etc.
- Added the ability to scan GS1 Scan4Transport Digital Links and extract different types of identifiers such as SSCC, GINC, GSIN, Routing Codes, etc.
- Other minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good app-minor changes would make great
I use this app to manage resources at a school that are available for checkout by employees. My only wish is that you could scan multiple assets in the asset checkout stage before entering custodian data. Now, you have to scan one item at a time. Also, you have to back out of the add asset or check out asset after each scan and go back into the app before it will allow you to scan another item.
Impossible to create account
They made this as difficult as possible to just create an account and log into the app. After downloading the app you are presented with a login screen. There is no create account function. Instead you need to search through some support documents just to find a link to the create account site. Which, btw, doesn’t work if you try to do the google login because instead of using safari it tries to use a browser built into the app. Fine, I copied the site to safari and tried again once logged in it showed a screen that was zoomed in to far that I couldn’t unzoom to read the buttons. Somehow that screen closed and there is literally no direction for how to create accounts.
Why do I even need to create an account if they can use the google login anyway?
How are you supposed to use this thing? Am I supposed to use a desktop to get started?
Feels half baked and put together by people that didn’t bother to take user experience into account.
There is a trade off but I’ll take it any day
This was exactly what we needed as a small business looking for an innovative way to track inventory. However, there is no support with this app. If it was too complex to use I would have no one to teach me but that’s not the case. After playing around with it we are happy with our purchase.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Victor Apollo
- 25.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Ventipix