The Auphonic Recorder is a high-quality audio recorder with focus on ease of use, audio quality and stability.
Record your raw microphone signals without any iOS pre-processing, in an uncompressed (PCM audio) or compressed (AAC) format, written to disk every moment to avoid data loss if the app gets killed.
In combination with the integrated Auphonic web service, you can post-process, encode, tag and publish your podcasts, interviews, music recordings on the go with a single click.
Our recording interface displays the current maximum peak level, you can add and edit chapter markers and it also records in background while using other apps.
It is possible to record in PCM/AAC, stereo/mono, 16bit/24bit, at various samplerates, you can select the microphone, monitor the signal during recording with headphones and set the input gain.
A simple editor shows the recorded waveform, where you can edit start/stop and chapter markers, export and process the audio file using the Auphonic web service or share it with other iOS apps.
The app includes Share Sheet and Open In functionality, to import audio from other iOS apps and export it to Auphonic.
Features of the Auphonic web service:
• Encode your audio files in MP3, Opus, AAC/MP4, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, FLAC, WAV and more
• Metadata/tagging and chapter marks support for all file formats
• Loudness Normalization to new broadcast standards: EBU R128, ATSC A/85, mobile audio and more
• Intelligent Leveler: balances levels between speakers, music and speech – no compressor knowledge required
• Automatic Noise and Hum Reduction: classifies regions with different backgrounds and automatically removes noise
• Filtering of disturbing frequencies
• Automatic Speech Recognition and Audio Search in over 80 languages
• Publish your results automatically via YouTube, SoundCloud, Podlove Publisher, Spreaker, Libsyn, Blubrry, Archive.org, Dropbox, (S)FTP, HTTP, Google Drive, WebDAV, Amazon S3, etc.
Please note that you need an Auphonic account to use our web service.
All native recording, editing and sharing can be done completely offline without any account.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Support for Blueooth Playback and Monitoring
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love everything about your app, I would just appreciate it more if I could record two mono microphones at the same time in order to create a stereo audio file. For example: The front iPhone mic would record onto the left channel while, at the same time, the back iPhone mic would record onto the right channel. Thanks and good luck!
Excellent balance of simplicity and flexibility
I'm an academic who records a lot of lectures/meetings, and this app has greatly improved my workflow. The implementation of chapter markers is especially well done/useful. The app is super snappy and doesn't have the lag that I've experienced on other recorder apps. I'm surprised it doesn't have more reviews!
Works great! However, if there is a way to rewind and fast forward through a file, I do not know it. I'm using Voiceover by the way. Also, I can't seem to record using my bluetooth microphone. I'm using a Bose Quiet Comfort headset, and I am even unable to play sound back through those headphones unless I manually plug them in. Pleeeease fix this if possible. Thanks.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Georg Holzmann
- 4.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Auphonic