Mobile and digital identification
The time has come to replace conventional methods of identification. AUTHADA offers a trend-setting digital solution for legally compliant identification in real time: With AUTHADA you can identify yourself in the shortest possible time wherever you are, because your smartphone becomes a reader for the electronic identity card and residence permit.
For a successful identification with AUTHADA you need:
1) A German identity card or residence permit in credit card format with activated online identification function
2) The corresponding PIN
3) An NFC-enabled iPhone (iPhone 7 or later)
4) The installed AUTHADA app
Your identity card with activated online identification function:
To identify yourself digitally with the AUTHADA-App you need the corresponding PIN.
You will find the PIN in your PIN letter, which you received after applying for the new ID card by mail. The letter contains:
1) The five-digit transport PIN: If you have not already done so, you must change the transport (five-digit) PIN to a six-digit personal PIN in the first step with our app.
2) The PUK: If you enter your PIN incorrectly three times, you must enter the PUK to unblock your card
3) The blocking password: Lost or stolen ID cards can be blocked immediately using the blocking password
To ensure that your ID card has the eID function, it must have been issued after 2011 and you must have agreed to the activation when applying for the card or subsequently. If the ID card was applied after July 2017, the eID function is automatically activated for your ID card.
The installed AUTHADA app:
After you have installed the app, either scan the QR code displayed in your browser on the website of the service provider you wish to identify yourself for or click on the link to open the AUTHADA app directly on your smartphone. Now follow the instructions in the app.
AUTHADA protects your privacy:
The eID solution of AUTHADA is certified by the German Federal Office for Information Security and guarantees compliance with the highest security requirements. Personal data is only read out if it is legally required for the start of the business relationship between the user and the service provider. AUTHADA does not store any data.
- Improved readability of some texts in DarkMode
- "Change PIN" improved
- other improvements and bug fixes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.