Why iPhones deserve Avira?
We’re a multi-award-winning German security company with +30 years of experience and a global vision: To keep people connected and secure in our digital world.
Avira loves iPhones. Your phone is state-of-the-art—give it privacy and security to match:
• Care about your Privacy? Keep your data safe and your online activity anonymous with our Free VPN
• Email leaked? Find out fast with Identity Safeguard
• Browsing online? Web Protection checks the safety of sites first
• Stolen phone? Recover it faster with Anti-Theft (phone locator and trigger siren)
Avira Mobile Security protects your phone:
• VPN: Secure your connection with a simple push of a button for complete privacy as you surf. When you use our VPN, all your data goes through a secure connection—so it can’t be intercepted or stolen. Plus, we use military-grade encryption to keep your data extra safe. The auto-secure function detects if your WiFi network is untrusted, and we promise our servers don’t save your log files.
• Web Protection: Like online shopping and banking? Do you store your credit card details online? This categorizes and blocks phishing, malware, spam, and fraud so you can browse freely and safely.
• Identity Safeguard: Find out if your email addresses have been hacked. Schedule the frequency (once a day/week/month), and we’ll automatically scan your email, and those of your contacts, to check whether they were leaked online in a security breach.
• Anti-Theft: Your iPhone is highly desirable. Find, track, and recover it if it’s lost or stolen. Lock apps to prevent unauthorized access, and remotely wipe your device. Tigger a loud yell to help locate it. Prompt whoever finds your device to contact you.
• Call Blocker: Create your own blacklist and block spam and other unwanted calls and texts.
• Contacts Backup: Easily back up and restore contacts straight from your phone and send them to your email, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
• Network Scanner: Discover all devices connected to your Wi-Fi
Avira Mobile Security lets nothing stand in the way of your iPhone’s awesomeness:
• Device Analyzer: View your iPhone’s use of storage and memory to see where you can make gains.
Avira Mobile Security keeps everything you do between you and your iPhone:
We constantly improve the security, stability, and speed of our products to give you the best experience in the market.
- Bug Fixes
We listen to your feedback to make Avira better for you. Rate us!
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Having had my last iPhone not only hacked but hijacked(they not only took all my apps but the OS as well!) plus wanting 100s to give it back, I was nervous about getting another iPhone. It seems, after reading the reviews, that the apps work well for some but not for others. I think you are super intelligent for even making iPhone “antivirus” apps. I am just starting but I feel so much safer! So, once again, thank you for what you do!
Always one bug or another 🤬
Both iOS and Andriod have bugs unlike their PC version. It is so frequent and also require so much to describe the issue so I never reported them. I feel like they never test the app internally before releasing. All Avira employee should use the app, and they will know how bad their app is. I once reported and all I got were basic troubleshooting steps as if I am some old people who don’t know what they are talking about. I am actually Cyber Security expert as well as IT Support Technician. When I say bug, it is a bug and something that can only be fixed by Avira. I was asked addition dummy questions by the Avira IT Support Agent, obviously because they are asking on behalf of their developer team and don’t have any clue. It is better to directly talk to the developer team. Have good features that other antivirus apps don’t have. I always tell them to hire better mobile app developer because their current ones su*k! It is unacceptable for the big company like Avira! by customer who have been with Avira for years as a subscriber
Developer Response ,
We are sorry you are experiencing problems with our apps. We are of course glad if you want to report specific bugs to our support. However, they are not in charge of discussing technical bugs with you. They can however forward feedback to the dev teams.
This is the most incredibly frustrating process. I have been attempting to get assistance using the Avira website for THREE DAYS, to no avail. There is no online assistance, no phone number, no email, no way to get help other than to type in your question on a public forum page and wait until someone looks at it.
I paid for a two-year subscription to Avira Prime in early 2019 using my VISA credit card.
I have my VISA credit card statement that proves my purchase.
I have copies of the emails sent to me that say "Welcome to Avira Prime"
I have had Avira Prime service until approximately two weeks ago, and without explanation I was removed.
I no longer have access to the previous email address for the account.
Since my account shows no license, I am unable to access any assistance with this issue. I've looked everywhere on your website seeking help, but when I click a link, I'm always sent back to the same page that gives me general FYI responses. And the worst part is you're telling me that I'm not entitled to any personal assistance with this problem because I don't have an Avira Prime license.
This is NOT customer service. I paid for a license, and you're not providing me with even the most basic courtesy of a response OR help with what seems to be YOUR issue.
I really would appreciate someone responding to me in some way OTHER than to ask me questions that I've already answered TWICE on your public forum.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Avira Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- 131.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG
- In-App Purchases
- Identity & Web Protection $5.49
- Pro+Unlimited VPN+Spam Caller $29.99
- Ultimate Security - Pro + VPN $22.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.