Are you a glutton for punishment? Finally, there is an iOS navigation app that curses you out while you drive, make fun of you for missing turns, and just generally act like a complete jerk. Back Seat Navigator harnesses advanced Mapbox technology to help you get where you need to go...even if it's making fun of you the whole way. Is this the most obnoxious navigation app ever? You be the judge...
- Accurate turn-by-turn directions from Mapbox.
- Ability to long press on the main map to drop a pin and quickly get directions to a location.
- Ability to tap the main map to remove the drawn route and pin.
- Selectable Navigation Modes (Driving (Avoid Traffic), Driving, Walking, Cycling).
- Selectable Profanity (On, Some, None, and Off (Off = Normal boring navigation app with no insults or profanity)).*
- Selectable Units (Imperial or Metric).
- Switchable insult settings (On, Off).**
- Night and Day modes.
- Select from 4 different voices in the app Settings.
- Multiple types of maps (traffic, satellite, satellite traffic, etc).
- Buttloads of obnoxious directions, insults, and rerouting instructions.
- Ability to select routes that avoid tolls or highways.
- FAQ Section to answer app questions and assist with issues.
Information about BSNavigator Purchases and Subscriptions:
- Payment will be changed to your iTunes account once you confirm the purchase or subscription.
- The Purchase option allows you to own the app outright. Once purchased, no other purchase or subscription is necessary and the purchase never expires. This option removes all ads and allows for unlimited drives/routes.
- The Month and Year subscriptions allow you unlimited access to the app for the period of the subscription. These options remove all ads and allow for unlimited drives/routes during the period of the subscription.
- The Subscription options automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off or the subscription is cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
- Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after subscribing. There is also a link to manage subscriptions in the BSNavigator Purchases page located in the app Settings.
- Once a subscription expires, ads will be shown and monthly drives/routes will be limited to 10 per month.
*The BSNavigator profanity setting defaults to "On." You can turn the level down at any time in the App Settings.
**The BSNavigator insult setting defaults to "On." You can turn insults off at any time in the App Settings.
- New insults and reroute instructions.
- Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Getting Better With Every Updateq
I absolutely love this app. It never fails to make me laugh with the random hilarious insults. The only real issue that I have with it, is when using the app with the dark theme applied, the color of your route could use a different more vibrant color. And as far as the app overall.... I think an option to select from multiple navigation voices would be AWESOME (might I suggest Samuel L. Jackson. I would even pay for that one. It would be a guaranteed success. How can one go wrong with some Samuel L. Jackson insults?! Just sayin'. --Keep Up The Good Work. Looking forward to the next update.
It really deserves a five star rating…
I know it’s not your fault, but I can’t tolerate the flat computer voice, to the point I deleted the app minutes after I tried it out. Pity, because the insults are hilarious and the navigation is excellent. I love the concept, but computer voices grate on my nerves. I’ll come crawling back and ask your forgiveness when the voice technology improves.
Navigate with Attitude!
This is a great navigation app! It is powered by Mapbox, a great map service based on the OpenStreetMaps data, with live traffic data etc. The developer has been really helpful and responsive to my questions or ideas and I can see this becoming better and better with every release. The attitude just makes navigating fun, I don’t use the profanity, but the attitude makes me chuckle every time I hear it.... thanks for a great app, can’t wait to see where you take it!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- William King
- 121 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Byzantine Apps LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All Access $2.99
- Purchase App $19.99
- All Access $9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.