Are you a glutton for punishment? Finally, there is an iOS navigation app that will curse you out while you drive, make fun of you for missing turns, and just generally act like a complete jerk. Back Seat Navigator harnesses advanced Mapbox technology to help you get where you need to go...even if it is making fun of you the whole way. Is this the most obnoxious navigation app ever? You be the judge...
- Accurate turn-by-turn directions from Mapbox.
- Ability to long press on the main map to drop a pin and quickly get directions to a location.
- Ability to tap the main map to remove the drawn route and pin.
- Selectable Navigation Modes (Driving (Avoid Traffic), Driving, Walking, Cycling).
- Selectable Profanity (On, Some, None, and Off (Off = Normal boring navigation app with no insults or profanity)).*
- Selectable Units (Imperial or Metric).
- Switchable insult settings (On, Off).**
- Night and Day modes.
- Select from 4 different voices in the app Settings.
- Multiple types of maps (traffic, satellite, satellite traffic, etc).
- Buttloads of obnoxious directions, insults, and rerouting instructions.
- Ability to select routes that avoid tolls or highways.
- FAQ Section to answer app questions and assist with issues.
*The BSNavigator profanity setting defaults to "On." You can turn the level down at any time in the App Settings.
**The BSNavigator insult setting defaults to "Off." You can turn it on at any time in the App Settings.
- New insults and reroute phrases.
- Fixed a minor Settings issue involving the main Map View.
- Fixed some stupid spelling errors, because I'm an idiot.
- Bug fixes.
- Stability enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Getting Better With Every Updateq
I absolutely love this app. It never fails to make me laugh with the random hilarious insults. The only real issue that I have with it, is when using the app with the dark theme applied, the color of your route could use a different more vibrant color. And as far as the app overall.... I think an option to select from multiple navigation voices would be AWESOME (might I suggest Samuel L. Jackson. I would even pay for that one. It would be a guaranteed success. How can one go wrong with some Samuel L. Jackson insults?! Just sayin'. --Keep Up The Good Work. Looking forward to the next update.
Absolutely love this app when used in another vehicle. BUT would give a 5 star if you could have the option to allow play thru Bluetooth. The app will not work if I have my Bluetooth on in my vehicle, which allows music and Google navigation. Can this be corrected ?? Inquiring minds want to know!!
Navigate with Attitude!
This is a great navigation app! It is powered by Mapbox, a great map service based on the OpenStreetMaps data, with live traffic data etc. The developer has been really helpful and responsive to my questions or ideas and I can see this becoming better and better with every release. The attitude just makes navigating fun, I don’t use the profanity, but the attitude makes me chuckle every time I hear it.... thanks for a great app, can’t wait to see where you take it!
- William King
- 120.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Night Cat Productions LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.