What The Forecast?!! won a 2018 People's Choice Webby Award in the category of Mobile Sites & Apps - Services & Utilities!! Thank you to everyone who voted and helped make that happen!!
What The Forecast?!! is an accurate weather app that will explain, in real terms, how nasty it is outside. You will never again wonder if you should just go back to bed (which, of course, you should). Sometimes, it is better to just give up and try again tomorrow.
- Over 9607 obnoxious phrases describing the current weather conditions.
- Switchable profanity settings (ON, SOME, MINIMAL, OFF).**
- Listen to the latest weather saying in different voices.
- Accurate weather reports directly from AerisWeather.
- Daily forecasts for 10 days.
- Hourly forecasts for 48 hours.
- Weather alerts from NOAA.
- Hot, Cold, and Dew Point Thresholds that allow you to customize the weather phrases.
- Moon Phase.
- Air Quality, Arthritis, Migraine, Sinus, Cold/Flu, and Bee Indices.
- Backgrounds and precipitation that match the time of year and current weather conditions.
- Select from U.S. or metric units in the app Settings.
- Descriptions of basic weather terms used in the app.
- Share your weather reports on Facebook, Twitter, Snap, etc.
**Make sure you go into the What The Forecast?!! app settings and set the profanity setting to "ON" for the full effect. You won't be disappointed (Or, maybe you will. I don't know you...).
- Fixed a scroll issue that occurs on some devices when the Remove Ads purchase has been made.
- Added Visibility to the current and daily forecasts.
- Added the UV Index to the current and daily forecasts.
- Reworked the Extend Loading Screen setting times.
- Updated some text formatting that you probably won't notice. It's way better now, I promise.
- If the current forecast values are null, the app uses the first hourly forecast values instead.
- Some crash fixes because crashes make people sad.
- Forecasts for cities in Mexico that have the same name are now more accurate.
- Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements.
- Finally forced to make iOS 10.0 the minimum iOS version to use the app.
- Some other minor changes that I can't remember, because I'm dumb. Hooray!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Concise and Accurate Data, Wonderful Snark
If you need me to use more words to convey my feelings about this app, go back and reread the title again.
For people that don't know how weather measurements work: this app gets data from a server somewhere, which in turn gets sensor data from a weather station somewhere near you. There aren't an infinite number of these around, but if you are in the US, the nearest one is probably within 1/2 mile of your current location. In that distance, it is very possible that the temperature is different, the wind is different, the falling moisture is different, etc. The app is not failing, it's just impossible to have infinitely precise measurements. If you need infinitely precise measurements, whip out your own measuring tools and test right where you are.
Won’t work with location service off 😢
I enjoy this app, and it’s no less accurate than any other. It’s entertaining first and foremost. Unfortunately there’s no option I can find to simply enter a location you wish to know weather info about. It only works with ‘location services’ on the phone. I keep location service off as a general rule and it’s frustrating to have to turn it on to get weather! I then have to turn it back off afterward. I would like to enter my town and have that info saved. I also would like to know the weather in a couple other places too, especially when I’m on a road trip!
I often don’t carry phone service on the iPhone and only use it on WiFi, and grab my hotspot when I am going to be away from free WiFi areas, so I am afraid what the forecast won’t work in those times...
Just not as useful as I would wish. Maybe the paid version offers the ability to save several locations and provide weather without needing location service on? I don’t know! But I think I’ll be going back to no weather app and and simply checking on a weather website where I can input my location as is useful.
Informative and entertaining!
I absolutely love this app. It takes some real genius and talent to create a useful application. To make an app entertaining takes creativity a unique perspective on life. This application is both very useful and uniquely entertaining. I expect a weather application to be informative but funny as well? What a great idea! The developers have really delivered in both aspects. Every time I open the app, I get very accurate and up-to-date information on the weather which is very important to me. Secondly, I get a daily dose of humor that is refreshingly edgy. I'd gladly pay for the app, but I'm very appreciative of the fact that it's free. Thanks are in order for the developers and fist bumps to whoever had the guts to make it so entertaining! Great job, folks!!
- William King
- 326.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Night Cat Productions LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Extra Accents $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.