Weather Underground: Local Map 4+
Radar & severe storm tracker
Weather Underground, LLC
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Discover a reliable, real-time and hyper-local forecast that will always warn you about upcoming severe weather. Weather Underground combines data from over 250,000+ personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model to give you the most accurate and hyperlocal forecasts, at a microclimate level. Discover about current conditions, interactive Nexrad radar, get customizable severe weather alerts and much more. You’ll always be prepared for whatever the weather brings.
5 REASONS TO DOWNLOAD WEATHER UNDERGROUND
• Severe weather alerts: set weather alerts for your exact position, so you can always be prepared for an upcoming storm!
• Local conditions: get current weather conditions from local weather stations and hourly/daily summary forecasts up to 10 days in the future, which include chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
• Most detailed weather data: stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind directions, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure.
• Other geographical data: discover our air quality index, UV index, local flu outbreaks, sunrise & sunset and moonrise & moonset.
• Customized experience: set your app with light & dark modes, various map types and units.
DISCOVER THE UNIQUE FEATURES OF WEATHER UNDERGROUND
• Interactive radar maps & severe weather:
• The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays, personal weather stations, nexrad radar, satellite, heat maps, and rain accumulation.
• Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather and always be prepared with severe weather alerts.
Accurate hyper-local forecasts:
• Over 250,000 personal weather stations report the most accurate local weather conditions.
• Made to fill in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Access Smart Forecasts: set your ideal weather conditions for your outdoor activities and we’ll tell you when to go.
• View Extended Hourly Forecasts up to 15 days in the future.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for using Weather Underground! Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful but too busy
Love the Doppler radar. The app was better when it didn’t have so much “stuff”. The basics are good and aviation layers helpful but you still must call and verify. Just basics with radar, forecast, precipitation predictions, outlook, and options for storm warnings, marine warnings, etc.
I like the allergy and flu info, but would be much better if more specific by region. The fire data is not updated and simply lists all the fires even if they are not active. Would be better to list most recent in 7 day window, then separate list of all still active with touch screen to isolate. Really would be fantastic to make many of the features (fire and earthquake, etc) like this instead of trying to put them all into widgets.
Despite all that rambling, I still use the app daily because of the the radar. Living in Florida, it helps with planning around frequent afternoon storms. The hurricane option should be a regular option selection along with a regional/local warning when the hurricane flag goes up, not a premium addition. This option is just as useful if not more useful than fire and earthquake info which is free. In the continental US, hurricane info is much more valuable and far reaching with regard to loss of life and property than earthquake and fire so why not add it at no added charge far ahead of other apps? Feedback for thought and consideration.
Thank you for this helpful and useful app.
Not Nearly as Bad as People Say
Due to the negative reviews, I was scared to update, and didn’t do so until today only because the old version was no longer supported. And I must say that I am a bit confused as to what all the fuss is about. I think this new version is just fine. Sure, there are some little hiccups, such as the daily details and graph not being fully displayed without clicking on “more” and the seemingly more prevalent appearance of ads. But first off, those are very minor things, and second, this is a big change for the app and developing team, so there’s obviously going to be some kinks to work out. And there are some features I LIKE about this app; it appears and behaves a lot cleaner, and I kind of like the design better. But that’s just my personal opinion. And let’s not forget that while the interface is different, the data being reported is still the same. You still get accurate, hyper-local forecasts that are hard to beat, and for free, no less.
I don’t know who these people are writing the negative reviews, or why. Maybe they’re really into weather and used the old app more features more extensively. But I can say as an average person who just wants to see the daily weather, it is still a great app.
Meh. Cluttered. Not streamlined.
I was forced to find a new Weather app after Apple, the grotesque corporate tech behemoth, acquired the beloved Dark Sky app and killed it in order to crush the competition.
This app does not hold a candle to the weather app I’m used to using in terms of its features or ease of use. The information it contains is fairly consistent, but aren’t they all the same these days in that respect?
Everything relevant should be at your fingertips on one page of your phone. It’s not. You will find yourself scrolling and scrolling, vertically and horizontally, to access information. Views far into the future or far into the past are not easily accessible, if they exist. It’s overrun with advertising. I can’t find the precipitation radar app yet if there is one. and worst of all, with this app we’re back to the idiotic, simplistic weather icons. how is it possible that we have come this far with technology only to be reduced to describing complex weather phenomena with crude symbols, like the outline of a cloud, or a little sunshine symbol peeking out from behind a cloud? There has to be a more comprehensive way to describe this information that’s still quick and easy to read.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 93 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright TWC Product and Technology LLC 2011, 2020
- In-App Purchases
- WU Ad-Free for 1 year $1.99
- WU Premium (Yearly) $19.99
- WU Premium (Monthly) $3.99