Family care emergencies can disrupt your whole day. Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™, a benefit available to you if offered by your employer, can give you peace of mind, providing replacement care when regular arrangements fall through.
Now the program is in the palm of your hand! As a user of Bright Horizons Back-Up Care, you can conveniently schedule care right from your mobile device with the Back-Up Care app. Whether your regular caregiver calls in sick, your child has a school holiday, or you’re transitioning back to work from parental leave, the Back-Up Care app is your easy, time-saving solution to managing family care challenges while on the go.
You can use the Back-Up Care app to:
• Sign up for your benefit (to get started, you just need your employer’s username and password)
• Submit a new request for back-up care
• Request previously used caregivers
• View details of existing reservations
• Receive notifications when reservations are confirmed
• Quickly create new reservations by copying past reservations
• Find nearby centers and view each location on a map
• Add confirmed reservations to your device’s calendar
• Get details about your benefit offering
*Please note: Your employer must participate in Bright Horizons Back-Up Care in order to use this app. Not all employers who participate allow the use of this app. Please contact your human resources department for information on benefit availability.
This release includes minor tweaks and small bug fixes to enhance stability and performance. As always, if you need assistance, feel free to speak with one of our care consultants 24/7/365 at 877-BH-CARES (877-242-2737).
Ratings and Reviews
This is one of the worst apps I’ve used. It asks me for a new pin each time I log in. It’s incredibly slow all the way around. When searching for locations, it takes my current location and then doesn’t filter in all the day cares available even when I set the miles away at 40. I’m at work trying to find the daycare by my house, and it doesn’t even list it when I input the search for the surrounding 40 miles. I know for a fact it’s within 40 miles of my work location. I wish the app didn’t just take into consideration my current location but would allow me to set the search parameters at a different location.
One of the worst apps ever
Hard to believe anyone tested this app before releasing it. Super buggy. Put in new data or remove data, click save, refresh page, and it’s back to the way it was before I put in or removed data. Example: can’t unclick special needs or allergies from my kids profile, which we have never entered. Put in a mobile number as “textable” and when making a reservation, it is only “nontextable.” Try to make reservation, asking for Emergency Contacts before making the reservation except there is no screen for entering them , only Authorized contacts , which I already have done .
Far from production quality
It is not at all in production quality.
(1) After logging in, I am prompted to set up a new passcode. After setting it up, I may login a couple of times using the passcode thankfully. Next time, however, after typing the passcode, it doesn’t proceed and so I have to log out. Then it asks my login credentials and them prompt to set up the passcode. (...infinite loop...)
(2) It cannot search a center near my location. It kept returning 0 result on the app, but it worked well on the website from my PC.
Bottom line: This is a useless app for now.
- Bright Horizons Childrens Centers LLC
- 12.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) 2017 Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.