Looking for reliable child care? UrbanSitter’s babysitting app has you covered. From full-time to last-minute help, easily book sitters, nannies, and tutors. Trust and safety are our top priorities - all sitters undergo thorough background checks. Pay securely with our easy payment system. Whether you need a nanny with teacher experience to help with distance learning or a learning pod, an after-school sitter, or backup childcare, UrbanSitter’s babysitting app makes it easier than ever to find, interview, book and pay child care.
Are you a caregiver looking for the perfect job? Showcase your skills and experience on UrbanSitter’s babysitting app. Earn great money, choose your own hours, and have fun sitting for families nearby. Join UrbanSitter and take control of your caregiving career today!
Sign up for free on UrbanSitter and connect with millions of caregivers. Gain access to a vast network of child care, senior care, pet care, and tutoring jobs. Join UrbanSitter for a hassle-free child care experience. With UrbanSitter, you have the power to unlock your personal network to book babysitters and nannies you’re connected to through friends, moms groups and parents from your kid’s school.
SIX REASONS TO LOVE URBANSITTER:
• Find part-time or full-time nannies, tutors, and more
• All caregivers are background checked
• Easy payment system: go cashless and pay by credit card in the app
• Last-minute bookings available
• Plug into your existing networks to find caregivers
• Add preset health screening questions to job posts
• Great pay & flexible hours. Top UrbanSitter babysitters earn over $1,000/wk
• Keep 100% of what you make with our standard payment setting
• Trust & safety: your safety is our priority. Parents must verify their identity to book
• Browse babysitting jobs, nanny jobs, elderly care jobs, and more
• See how you’re connected to families through other sitters, nannies, families, & groups
• Enter your availability and let UrbanSitter help coordinate the right jobs for you!
Efficient and trusted childcare solutions for all your needs, now and in the future. Find and book sitters hired by people you trust with UrbanSitter, and say goodbye to the stress and hassle of finding reliable sitters.
We've introduced a fix for a bug that's preventing some caregivers from accessing the job board.
Please let us know if you experience a bug or issue! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Lifesaver when I was in college
When I was in college I used UrbanSitter a lot to pick up date night jobs during the weekend and even got a regular mother’s helper job during the week after classes. It was a great way to make extra money completely on my own schedule. You can set your availability for certain days and parents can book you, or you can look at posted jobs and apply for them. I met so many nice families and explored different parts of the city I may have never visited! When you set up your profile, definitely add a video and get reviews from past employers and other parents so you can start off with 5-Star reviews. I’ve seen other sitters complain but honestly if you do a great job babysitting and are professional and reliable (don’t no-show!) you shouldn’t have a problem and you’ll find so much benefit in UrbanSitter. Everyone at support has been helpful too with jobs and payments. I highly recommend you give it a try!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the great review! We are thrilled to hear that you have connected with wonderful families and built a successful babysitting business to help support you during college. We appreciate you sharing your positive experiences.
Best Sitter App out there, one major flaw for sitters
I've been babysitting for several years now, and been an US member for about 3 years. I tried 6 different sitting sites and fell in love with this one. My tech friend also confirmed that UrbanSitter has the best security out of the several sites his hiring company has used (data protection is important!!)
Sitters read to the end why this review is 4 stars, and not 5...
• Very easy/functional app (love this)
• Sitters - autonomy with setting your availability, creating your bio, setting your rate, and accepting/declining job requests (most, but not all sites allow all of these options!)
• Parents - from what I've heard, responsive customer service for families
• Parents - Some families have struggled to book interview requests; however, this can be easily navigated by booking a $0/hr job request or using the website messaging system to message a sitter and arrange a chat or in-person meet
• Sitters - POOR customer service. Had a terrible experience where it took me 2 months to get a non-automated response and additional 1.5 months past that to get follow up emails and my problem resolved. Thankfully, I have only needed to use customer service once, but it was incredibly stressful and disappointing.
The other 5 sitting sites I worked with was readily available the same-day to talk with me. This or 2 business days should be the standard like it is for other jobs.
Developer Response ,
Hi Dee, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with support but we sincerely appreciate your feedback. If there are any questions our team can answer or anything we can help with, please do feel free to let our Member Services team know by emailing email@example.com. We sincerely hope we can turn your negative experience around so you can enjoy the benefits of UrbanSitter as so many sitters do! Thanks again.
Changed the game!
Urban Sitter is truly an amazing app! It has helped me (a college student) to meet many new families around the bay area while gaining more experience in the child care field. It is very easy to navigate, I just have a couple of suggestions.
1) Make a feature where you can block a specific family (or sitter) so you don’t even have to view them in your search. If a certain family is not adequately compensating for their number of children or have included services in their posts that you don’t offer, you should be able to block them so you won’t see them each time you’re on the job board. Likewise, if a sitter does not fit your criteria (i.e. aren’t CPR certified) you should be able to block them, too. This will help save time for everyone involved during their searches for the perfect candidate/family. I know you can hide your availability from specific families, but it would be nice if you could completely hide them from view forever.
2) For sitters, only show jobs that match the availability posted to your calendar. This will save time during the job search so you won’t have to waste time hiding all the jobs you can’t even take.
Again, I love this app so much and can’t recommend it enough! I seriously talk about it to anyone who will listen. I hope you at least consider adding these features, as I know many other sitters and families who agree.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate and value your feedback regarding the app and your suggestions regarding the Job Board. We hope to provide more accessibility and options to the Job Board and overall communication with other members in the future. Regardless, we are grateful for your feedback and will be sure to share with the rest of our team. Thanks so much for spreading the word about UrbanSitter to your community. Best of luck on your continued job search!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UrbanSitter, LLC
- 167.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 UrbanSitter, Inc.