Backpack Studio 4+
Record podcasts on the go
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Find out why Backpack Studio is trusted by thousands of podcasters, voiceover artists, and audio professionals.
Create professional sounding podcasts and radio from anywhere using only an iPhone or iPad.
With backpack studio, Your show is automatically mixed and mastered while it’s being recorded. Focus your time and energy on being creative, instead of doing post-production work and editing on a PC.
Backpack is the successor to bossjock studio, from the original developer, and based upon years of refinement and user feedback. A must-have app for podcasters and radio DJs - both beginner and pro.
- Record your voice while triggering sounds live - intros, background music, and sound effects. Sounds automatically adjust volume in real time. No need for multitrack or post production software. Recording your show becomes a creative live performance!
- A powerful soundboard with unlimited pages of soundpads. Scroll pads to the left and a new empty page appears - ready to go! Reposition sounds, or pin sounds to a specific pad to appear on each page. Configure the size, color, and behavior of each pad as needed. Swipe the pads vertically to live mix the volume.
- Import sounds into the soundboard from anywhere - iCloud, dropbox, google drive, your music library, email, even import directly from other apps.
- An optional subscription package, "Backpack Live" with extra cloud services for recording remote guests, live streaming, soundboard storage, and more!
- Turn your podcast into a creative video using animations, text, and photos. Great for promoting your show on social media!
- Find the perfect eq filter for your voice. Noise gate to lower background noise. Studio quality compression, limiting, and eq algorithms are automatically applied to your mix live for a loud, studio-quality mastered sound.
- Create custom Siri Voice, external keyboard, and midi shortcuts to record and trigger soundpads.
- Encodes to all popular formats, mp3, wav, m4a,
aiff, and video.
- Publish recordings directly to iCloud, dropbox, Facebook, youtube, an FTP, Libsyn, or open in any app on your phone that accepts audio or video.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers.
- Battery and cpu optimization. Records in compressed audio to save 90% of the drive space space of other mixing apps. (optional)
- Inter-app audio and audiobus support allow you to stream to other apps.
- Unrivaled hardware support. Backpack works with all usb / external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey. 4 channel usb mixer support for Focusrite mixers. Mix the left and right channels together or disable the iOS built in gain control (AGC) via the settings panel. We're always adding support for the latest iOS hardware.
Visit backpackstudioapp.com for more info!
Send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
follow us on our social media accounts:
Introducing Backpack Studio 2.0 Our largest update ever, featuring:
- Backpack Live. A monthly subscription of extra cloud services for Backpack users. Record up to five remote guests or co-hosts in studio quality. Sync your soundboards and recordings to the cloud to access on any device. Live stream your show with a single click, and more!
- A free sound library with over 1000 royalty-free bumpers, jingles, and sound effects to use in your show. We're working with artists to create the ultimate sound library for podcasters and DJs.
- Dozens of performance enhancements and improvements, including new mic settings to get the perfect sound for your voice.
Thank you for your support! Backpack Studio is independently developed and our feature set is determined by our users.
Send your feedback to email@example.com or @backpack_studio on Twitter.
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding App, Outstanding Support
Get ready to rethink everything you know about DJ apps! I love this app so much. I’m a host of a family-friendly comedy show on a nonprofit streaming radio station. I don’t have access to a standard computer or laptop, just my iPad. I get a headache trying to figure Izicast out. I need something that just works. Something easy to figure out, user friendly. Backpack is that app! It’s incredible all the things it can do. I can mix my show live as I’m broadcasting! And the developer, Ed, is super friendly, fast to respond, and patient with people like me, who like to ask a lot of questions, lol. I can’t speak highly enough of this app. So intuitive…every day I learn more and more about how powerful this thing is! Also fantastically easy to pre-record shows to be streamed later. Thank you so much, Ed. Your love for this app shows.
Even better than I thought.
I’ve used this app’s predecessor BossJock for several years and have always enjoyed it. Rather than using it as it was intended, I use it as a programmable music and “drop-in” source for a/v work at a low (no) budget corporate meeting I attend monthly. I have the usual assortment of horns, bells and whistles installed plus several bits of pop music (think “Are you ready to rumble...”). The BossJock app performed flawlessly. Yesterday I tried to upload a bit to Dropbox and discovered the functionality was outdated. What to do?
I found Backpack Studio! Cool! Does even more of all the good things BJ used to do and has an expandable number of pads for all my silly sounds.
If this thing gets any better, I might have to start my own podcast.
Many thanks, and ten bucks to the developer.
I love this app, but…
Let me first say how much I really enjoy backpack studio. It has helped me through my various podcasts that I've done over the last year. However, when I updated and I went to look at The backpack live thing or the soundboards, it would kick me off and back to the home screen. I don't know if it's a backpack thing or something having to do with the iPhone itself, but would really appreciate if they could be fixed if it is a Backpack studio thing. Thanks and keep up the good work. :-)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ed Filowat
- 104.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Ed Filowat
- In-App Purchases
- Backpack Live 10 Hours $9.99
- Live Streaming $9.99
- Backpack Live 60 Hours $29.99
- Backpack Live 25 Hours $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.