Create professional sounding podcasts and radio from anywhere using only an iPhone or iPad.
With backpack studio, Your show is automatically mixed and mastered while it’s being recorded. Focus your time and energy on being creative, instead of doing post-production work and editing on a PC.
Backpack is the successor to bossjock studio, from the original developer, and based upon years of refinement and user feedback. A must-have app for podcasters and radio DJs - both beginner and pro.
- Record your voice while triggering sounds live - intros, background music, and sound effects. Sounds automatically adjust volume in real time. No need for multitrack or post production software. Recording your show becomes a creative live performance!
- A powerful soundboard with unlimited pages of soundpads. Scroll pads to the left and a new empty page appears - ready to go! Reposition sounds, or pin sounds to a specific pad to appear on each page. Configure the size, color, and behavior of each pad as needed. Swipe the pads vertically to live mix the volume.
- Import sounds into the soundboard from anywhere - iCloud, dropbox, google drive, your music library, email, even import directly from other apps.
- Turn your podcast into a creative video using animations, text, and photos. Great for promoting your show on social media!
- Find the perfect eq filter for your voice. Noise gate to lower background noise. Studio quality compression, limiting, and eq algorithms are automatically applied to your mix live for a loud, studio quality mastered sound.
- Create custom Siri Voice, external keyboard, and midi shortcuts to record and trigger soundpads.
- Encodes to all popular formats, mp3, wav, m4a,
aiff, and video.
- Publish recordings directly to iCloud, dropbox, Facebook, youtube, an FTP, Libsyn, or open in any app on your phone that accepts audio or video.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers .
- Battery and cpu optimization. Records in compressed audio to save 90% of the drive space space of other mixing apps. (optional)
- Inter-app audio and audiobus support allow you to stream to other apps.
- Unrivaled hardware support. Backpack works with all usb / external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey. 4 channel usb mixer support for Focusrite mixers. Mix the left and right channels together or disable the iOS built in gain control (AGC) via the settings panel. We're always adding support for the latest iOS hardware.
Visit backpackstudioapp.com for more info!
Send any feedback to email@example.com
follow us on our social media accounts:
- Custom Siri, Keyboard, and Midi shortcuts. Record, stream, and trigger pads hands-free using your voice, external keyboard, or midi controller. Configure the new shortcuts in the settings screen or the individual pad settings.
- New "Dim pads" selector in settings. Use it to dim pads that have already been played or only dim pads when streaming and recording.
- Slide left on individual files in the recordings list to delete them.
- Search your entire dropbox for files from within the app.
- Dropbox for teams support
- New buttons in settings screen for emptying all pads, deleting clips folder, and deleting recordings folder.
- Pads can now be loaded in while recording.
- New audio buffer setting for removing audio glitches on slower devices.
- Random bugfixes.
We're working on some really exciting updates for version 1.5
follow for the latest:
We love to hear from you! contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Even better than I thought.
I’ve used this app’s predecessor BossJock for several years and have always enjoyed it. Rather than using it as it was intended, I use it as a programmable music and “drop-in” source for a/v work at a low (no) budget corporate meeting I attend monthly. I have the usual assortment of horns, bells and whistles installed plus several bits of pop music (think “Are you ready to rumble...”). The BossJock app performed flawlessly. Yesterday I tried to upload a bit to Dropbox and discovered the functionality was outdated. What to do?
I found Backpack Studio! Cool! Does even more of all the good things BJ used to do and has an expandable number of pads for all my silly sounds.
If this thing gets any better, I might have to start my own podcast.
Many thanks, and ten bucks to the developer.
Awesome product! Awesome Author!
I was able to use my iPhone to record an episode of my podcast when TX power was out for 3 days. I normally use a multi thousand $ pro recording station but with an extensive power outage all that was unusable. So I had to use my phone. Thankfully Backpack Studio was up to the task! The noise gate performed flawlessly and kept the podcast sounding pro quality.
I’m really glad I reached out to the author a year ago to suggest he add a gate and helped him test it after he did!
Thanks for the great product!
Been using it forever. The dark pad after playing it is terrible for me because I use the same pad many times in a recording and I can’t see what I’m doing on the screen now. I hope there is an option to turn this feature off in the future. I may have to shell out the money for a Rode Procaster or something because it’s a real issue for me. I recommend this app highly if you are starting a podcast. It’s really really good.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ed Filowat
- 61.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Ed Filowat
- In-App Purchases
- Live Streaming $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.