BackToMyCar is a simple application with NO ADS that assures you of never forgetting where you parked again. Developed by AppsOnTheSide, BackToMyCar is loaded with features that include:
• New direction arrow always points you in the right direction.
• Email, print or text message your parking location to anyone. If you're tailgating at the game and want to meet up with your friends, simply tap 'Park' and then tap 'Share' icon. That's it!!!! Get the burgers ready!
• Take a picture of your parking location.
• Enter a note (portrait or landscape) about your parking location.
• Set a parking timer to notify you when your meter is about to expire. Previously an add-on, but now it's FREE!
• Get turn-by-turn walking directions to your car.
• Hands full? Use the sonar feature to lead you to your car by sound! (Sounds must be turned on.)
• Instantly update your location in a shake. Shake iPhone and Map view will expand to show your current location and your parking location.
• See distances in meters or yards.
How To Use:
• The blue dot represents your current location.
• Tap the Park button when you want to mark your parking location. When doing this, it is important to observe the device's GPS accuracy displayed in the upper left-hand corner. The lower the number, the better the result. If the GPS accuracy is poor, try waiting a minute to see if it improves.
• Getting back to your car is easy! Simply follow the direction arrow which will lead you on a straight line directly to your car.
• Tap Camera icon to take/associate a picture with your parked location.
• Tap Share icon to email or text message the details of your parked location to anyone.
• Tap Note icon to enter a note about your parking location.
• Tap Parking Timer icon to set a parking notification reminder and BackToMyCar will notify you when your meter is about to expire.
• Tap the Location icon to always keep view showing your current location. Shaking the device does the same thing.
• For directions to your parking location, touch the car. A view will popup with the address of your parking location. Touch the arrow, then touch Directions.
• Shake the device to adjust the map view to display both your current and parked location.
• Click the Info icon to edit your preferences.
We encourage your feedback to help make BackToMyCar your favorite parking application.
Please note that BackToMyCar has no control over the accuracy of the GPS receiver. That is handled 100% by the phone itself. If you find the accuracy is poor, wait a minute to see if it improves.
Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
iPhone X support
Ratings and Reviews
Super support. Nice app.
I had neglected to have Location Services set to ON in the iPhone General settings and great support got me on the right track.
I really like everything about the app that my 3G can handle. If you have a compass like the 3GS or iPhone 4 then I think it would be useful to have line of sight directions available in walking mode. The scenario for this is either huge parking lots or during festivals etc. when they turn fields into parking areas. In those cases you don't have streets to follow.
This is a nice app and the support is great.
Great car park app - updated
Of the 20 apps to find my car I've tried, this one is the nicest to use. It is easy to read outdoors in bright light, has a simple interface and best of all, has the awesome blue arrow that points to your car's gps location. It is the blue arrow that makes this app so useful and easy to use. One good feature is even if you don't have a cellular/wifi signal, the blue arrow still points the way because it uses gps location (you just won't see a map but the arrow still points to your car’s location).
Another great feature is the app maintains the gps location even if the phone has to be shut off and rebooted (very important!). Also, I'm glad that you included the gps center button so if i look around the map I can easily find my position back again.
The app could use a few functions that would make it even more incredible: option for auto-rotating map with direction you're facing at top (useful when in a very unfamiliar area and your spouse has no idea which way is north), and the ability to save more than one location (useful when camping, sightseeing or when wife is power shopping). Also, the blue arrow could be made a little larger and more visible. Over all a great app and definitely the best in its class.
Had problems right after Sept. app update, crashing immediately after opening. Delete and reinstall didn’t fix it at that time. But after installing latest iOS update in Oct. whatever caused the problem was resolved. Reinstalled app, works fine now.
Developer Response ,
I'm not sure why this would be crashing. Please delete & re-install the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.