BandLab is the best free music recording and leading social music creation platform with more than 50 million users worldwide.
BandLab lets you make and share music, no matter your skill level or background. Our multi-track Studio is a music maker that lets you record, edit and remix your music. Make beats, add creative effects, use loops and samples from our royalty-free sounds packs from genres like EDM, dubstep, garage, hip-hop, house, rock, rap, and more.
There are no limits to how much music you can create. With unlimited cloud storage and accessibility across all devices, you can access the music you created on your phone from your desktop browser. Music making is everywhere.
With BandLab’s social networking features, you can find new friends, connect with collaborators or start a band with fellow musicians, guitarists, beatmakers, rappers, and more – no audition needed! Creator Connect matches you to potential beat makers, producers or DJs who share your music tastes and inspirations.
BandLab is more than just a music maker, beat maker, recording app or song recorder. You can discover millions of tracks made by artists and DJs, create personalized playlists and even watch live streams of music performances from top creators.
BandLab is 100% FREE to use. No subscription fees, paywalls or limits to your experience. Download the BandLab app and be a music maker today!
•Sampler – A new tool for you to create custom instruments. Make a new Sampler Kit by recording sounds you hear in the world around you, or by selecting samples from over 15,000 royalty-free sounds provided by BandLab, or simply import your own sounds. You can even customize each sample to get just the sound you want. Musical creativity is limitless with the Sampler.
• 16-Track Studio – This is where you make music – the Studio is a multi-track digital audio workstation (DAW) in your pocket. Use it as an audio recording app, beat maker, audio editor and so much more. You are a music maker anytime, anywhere.
• 330+ Virtual MIDI Instruments – Need 808s for your beat? Synthesizers for your lead lines? How about the sitar?! We’ve got a huge variety of Virtual MIDI instruments you can make music with, all within an app that fits in your pocket.
• 180+ Vocal/Guitar/Bass effect presets – Give your tracks that extra kick with world-class effects with real-time monitoring. From ambient sounds to crazy modulations, there’s something for everyone to get creative.
• Looper – Anyone can be a beat maker no matter your skill level. Make beats instantly from a huge library of loops, add some synth or reverb, or just freestyle your way to a whole new mixtape while on the go.
• Mastering – Get your tracks ready for distribution. Upload your song or recording and let our built-in mastering work its magic. Supports mp3 and other formats.
• Video Mix – Create expressive video clips, whether you’re a rapper freestyling over a beat or a songwriter laying down a hot solo. Jazz up your video with world-class effects!
• Explore – Not in the mood to create? No problem! Let BandLab be a source of entertainment as you explore and get inspired by new artists, genres, and collections curated just for you.
• Creator Connect – Looking for a beat maker, producer, or singer? Find like-minded creators just around the corner or halfway across the world! Just fill out your profile and we'll match you to potential collaborators who share your musical taste and inspiration.
• Tuner and Metronome – The essential audio tools for the modern music maker and producer so you never go out of beat or tune.
• Remix Tracks – Need inspiration to start a track? 'Fork' a public track that any creator has shared to make your own beat and remix.
When we've fixed a record number of bugs, we reward ourselves by listening to your creations - so make our day and tag @bandlab or #bandlab to share your music-making moments with us.
Ratings and Reviews
My home away from home in my phone
I've been with bandlab for around 3 years now. And I haven't found a single other app that compares. Bandlab stands alone without exaggeration. They are constantly improving the app and fine tuning it, always adding new fun and useful features. They (developers) pay attention to our suggestions and work them in to the updates. They are on top of the feedback, even if you tend to be a bit...uncommon(???)... Idk how many people they have in their team, but they are all musicians who know their stuff and that's who responds when you have feedback. I have seen this app grow into an amazing place to create music...not just music; but professional quality, music you can be proud of, I think there's like millions of users??? Alot! And many are some pretty heavy hitters in the musical world. All over the world! Intermingling and ready to collaborate with YOU! Seriously! I've learned and grown so much more than I expected to because of this FREE app. Bandlab has become a home to me because of the devoted developers, the amazing musicians from all corners of the world, and the tools that allow me to create music that I could not do if bandlab wasn't available or cost $.
Thank you bl devs... Y'all add the music to a muted world🖤
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the love, ColLeeN.M.BerrY! We really appreciate every single word! Feedback like this keeps us passionate and motivated. Thanks a lot for being a part of the community!
Love, BandLab Team
Amazing.. to an extent
My time using that app has been absolutely amazing. I am an instrumentalist who specializes in woodwinds so I use this app to create my own arrangements of pieces I one day hope to conduct myself once I become a director. I started using the app when you could have up to 12 tracks and now you can have 16. The only issue I have is you can ‘only’ have up to 16 tracks. Yes, I know that seems like a lot when you’re looking at it, but when you’re arranging for a band that has around 20 instruments before percussion is even thought of, it gets really difficult to have that full sound you dream of and try to produce on your own. To be quite honest, the amount of tracks is the only thing I would change about the app as it develops. That app has helped me use music as an outlet even more than anything else has, but I’m still not able to do everything I want with the app which is difficult to feel like I’ve ever finished anything because I have to end up leaving half of the ensembles sound out of the recordings. Even if the number only went to 18 or 20 it would open up a whole new world of possibilities for aspiring musicians such as myself. Other than that one detail, the app is phenomenal and has so many options from types of reverb to adjusting the whole key of the piece by the scroll of your thumb. It is quite amazing and y’all should definitely check it out!
Developer Response ,
Amazing review, Elvis! It's things like this that keep us going. We get what you mean with the number of tracks, and it's something that we're already looking into and hopefully add to future updates! Don't forget to bump up the rating once it's available 😀
Pros and cons
At this point it rarely works longer than an hour. I delete and download this multiple times a day to make one song :( it happens at any point. Right when I open the app. Or when I’m about to finish. Or when I’m in the middle of recording. It will just force close or suddenly sign me out and say I can’t sign back in. (Error or this link doesn’t exist) That’s when I have to delete it. Also, When I open an existing file. It will randomly say my microphone doesn’t work or I have to choose that option. But It was fine a second ago when I recorded. I’ll push record and it’s an old recording I deleted etc. these are the problems I have. But I still use it with all these frustrations because there’s nothing else out there like this..
So there is no other app out there like this. It’s amazing. I will continue to use it even though there are a few glitches and errors that occur. Sometimes for no reason. It will force close. Then I spend a few minutes deleting the app and downloading again. That seems to be the only suggestion from the support group. It does work but a little inconvenient. Sometimes songs just disappear. I’ve had a few occasions of them showing up again. But I’ve also lost a few. I just save them to my computer now. For me, the pros outweigh the cons. Only because I’ve never found a app this simple where you can record your music and singing. Also, the community is awesome :)
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the endless support, Nashler. May we know what version of iOS are you currently using? We'd like to investigate more about this issue. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help. Cheers!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BandLab Singapore Pte Ltd
- 149.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, Hindi, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Contests Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- ©2022 BandLab Technologies
- In-App Purchases
- Boost Membership - 1 Month $14.99
- Boost Membership - 12 Months $149.99