Bardcard is a card-matching roguelite featuring a mysterious subterranean world to explore. Match cards to advance through the dungeon. Discover helpful equipment, battle dangerous minions, and meet magical familiars that join you on your adventure. Learn the secrets of this realm and discover the truth about the chaos that engulfs it.
Can you find your brother Lukas? Who is ZUG? How far down does this dungeon go?
- 40+ rooms to explore: Determine the best card-matching sequence to survive each floor. Keep on the lookout for alternate exits leading down less-traveled paths, and rare artifacts that appear when specific cards are matched. Are you exploring a dark room? In that case you’d better bring a torch!
- 150+ unique, hand-drawn cards to discover: Weapons, armor, and magical items to protect you in the dungeon. Various characters that guide you, teach skills, and present puzzles. Monsters and traps to thwart your progress at every turn. There’s a lot to discover, and each game is a bit different than the last.
- Old-school RPG elements set within an immersive world: Turn-based action, experience levels, quests to complete, and more. We’ve taken elements from all our favorite games of yesteryear and rolled them into Bardcard.
- Beautiful soundtrack created by us: We’ve orchestrated every flute, piano, and xylophone to create a unique realm to adventure in.
- Challenging rogelite system with powerful persistent artifacts: Death is likely unavoidable in this dangerous world. Lucky for you, there are special items and companions that stick with you no matter what happens in the dungeon.
App Store Game of the Day (11/8/22)
ABOUT RASCAL MAGIC
We are two childhood friends building a mysterious world for you to explore. Originally from Michigan and now based up and down the West Coast, we create everything from the gameplay, imagery, audio, and story, to physical apparel and collectibles.
Although we charge a small price for downloading our games, we don’t have in-game advertising or in-app purchases. It’s just not our thing. Instead, you get access to the entire game and future updates. Let’s do this!
We’d love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
This version provides a fix for a game-breaking crash introduced in the previous version, happening when you visit a familiar-provider while the familiar is with you. The provider should grant you "bond" points, but instead the game would crash. Sorry about that!
Ratings and Reviews
Clever quest-driven roguelike
When you first pick up this game, you’ll think it’s some weird Memory game with some combat thrown in. It’s not. It’s a thematic, decision-heavy hardscrabble.
The game organically presents objectives that, on completion, yield information, equipment, key items, or changes in the dungeon. These persist into subsequent runs. Coming up with an executing a plan to pursue these objectives represents the core gameplay loop.
The matching system induces a risk-reward dynamic, creating variance in the cost of fully exploring a room or taking side paths. It also creates this neat dynamic where if you’re hurrying to find the exit, you might stumble on something interesting that prompts you to stick around.
You’d think the card-based rooms would be same-y, but there’s a narrative frame for different parts of the map, and the NPCs, environmental hazards, monsters, and items participate in that frame in unexpectedly immersive ways.
The comprehensive journal and map are a very thoughtful addition to the game.
I’m looking forward to the release of the next chapter.
Update fixed issues, great game!
I really appreciate that the developer revamped the game so that progress is much better. I redownloaded it to start over and I can tell already it’s been greatly improved.
Thank you, developer, for listening to feedback and addressing issues, it’s really appreciated.
This game is monetized right with no ads or IAP. The design is awesome and the gameplay is unique and fun, the right balance of luck and strategy. There’s a lot to do but it’s not overly complicated, making it good for casual and advanced gamers alike. I like that it saves progress at all times too so you can jump in and out quickly on a break.
You’ve done everything right, developer, and I highly recommend this game to others.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for trying out the latest update! We really appreciate you giving us a second chance and we're glad the the revamp has made the game more enjoyable. If you have any more ideas for improvements or fun directions we could take, hit us up anytime via email (email@example.com) or any of our social media accounts. We love hearing feedback and figuring out how to best apply it to Bardcard.
Reminds me of a lot of other role playing rogue likes I’ve enjoyed playing but with its own unique story. Lots of secrets and replay ability in the first chapter. Looking very forward to seeing where this games goes and hope updates come soon :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kevin Mikles
- 175.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2023 Rascal Magic
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.