Bear is a beautiful, powerfully simple Markdown app to capture, write, and organize your life.
Take notes, plan your day, journal thoughts, organize tables, create lists and tasks, sketch ideas, link notes together, write a book, and much more. Bear is used by writers, lawyers, chefs, CEOs, teachers, doctors, engineers, students, parents.. you get the picture. Getting started couldn’t be faster—no signup and no account. Just open a note and write naturally.
"My journaling app of choice is Bear" - Kit Eaton, New York Times
* 2017 Apple Design Award
* 2016 App Store App of the Year
* Editors' choice for 7 consecutive years
* Most of our parents love it
## BEAUTIFUL. SIMPLE. POWERFUL. PRIVATE
- Tools stay out of your way so you can just write
- Sketch ideas on iPad with an extendable canvas and Apple Pencil (and other styli)
- Clip web pages and other content with Bear’s app extension
- The redesigned Info Panel now with Table of Contents and Backlinks
- Use Apple Watch to dictate and append to recent notes
- Support for all the scripts including RTL languages like Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian
- Easily create notes with Siri and Shortcuts
- Your notes, not ours - Bear is private at its core: We cannot see your notes, tags, or anything else
## FLEXIBLE MARKDOWN
- Work in plain text - easy to move between apps
- Still use formatting like bold, italics, strikethrough, links, tables, and more with Markdown
- Combine text styles like bold and underline, even in headings
- Markdown hides for a clean reading experience
- Use WikiLinks to connect notes and build a personal wiki or knowledge management tool
## GET ORGANIZED with #tags, tasks, and more
- Add #tags, #multi-word tags# and even #multiple/nested/tags anywhere in a note for quick organization
- Pin important tags to the top of the Sidebar
- Make important tags stand out in the Sidebar with TagCons
- Add tasks to notes and easily view all notes that include tasks
- Fold sections to get them out of the way
## SHARING MADE EASY
- Export notes to plain text, Markdown, TextBundle, Bear note, and rich text
- Export notes to HTML, DocX, PDF, JPG, and ePub (Bear Pro required)
- Easily share your notes to any third-party app with the Share Sheet
## SEARCH FAR AND WIDE
- Use Spotlight to search your notes from anywhere
- Search for text inside photos and PDFs (Bear Pro required)
- Focus on specific types of notes with powerful Special Searches like @todo, @images, and @yesterday
## CREATE YOUR COZY SPACE
* Pick from nearly 30 themes for the perfect writing space in both Light and Dark Mode (Bear Pro required)
* Choose an app icon that speaks to your personality (Bear Pro required)
* Set your own fonts for plain text, headings, and code
* Set line height and width, paragraph spacing, and more
## GET MORE WITH BEAR PRO
One subscription enables a variety of features on all your devices and keeps the Bear hugs coming.
- Sync notes between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac via iCloud
- Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you
- Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID
- Export to more formats including HTML, DocX, PDF, JPG, and ePub
- Search for text inside images and PDFs in Bear notes
- Over 30 beautiful app themes & app icons
14-day free trial
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your App Store account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. After purchase, manage your subscriptions in App Store Account Settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
Terms of Service: http://www.bear.app/terms/
Fallback on PNG data for sketch data not supported by the iOS/macOS release
Fixed issue with text copied from iOS Tables
Fixed issue with iOS clipboard management and some specific apps such as GMail
Fixed crash concerning the preview generation of notes in the note table
Fixed note table list glitch on long press
Better handling of note list and editor on some edge cases
Better spotlight integration
Ratings and Reviews
Steinbeck liked pencils, and Orwell had his trusty Remington typewriter. But us? We like Bear. It’s a writing app that’s as capable as the best of them—but doesn’t bury us in technical intricacies and toolbars. Linking notes is as easy as dropping a hashtag, and formatting your work is a total breeze. We especially love this Apple Design Award winner on iPad.
Best Notes App Ever!!
TLDR: Bear is an impressive notes app that functions very well on all Apple devices, and has everything you’d want in a notes app without the issues seen across it’s competitors.
This is hands down the best notes app I’ve ever used. I’ve tried them all; OneNote, Evernote, Apple Notes, you name it. None are as clean and minimal as Bear. No intrusive UI; No head-scratching organization structure; Bear allows you to jump into your notes quickly and organize them with ease using an extremely flexible tagging system. The text editor is of such good quality, it almost feels like the Notes app merged with Microsoft Word to create a perfectly balanced app for both simple and sophisticated use cases. It’s easy to import pictures, create checklists, and export to other formats as well. It comes with plenty of themes to customize to your liking, and the app is available on all Apple devices. The Apple Watch app is icing on the cake! You can craft and view entire notes from the app, and it even retains it’s structure and readability. It’s so good that I could be fine studying lecture notes on my watch if I wanted to!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your support, and for leaving such a nice review! Stay awesome ❤️ 🐻
Most Transformative App
I have been using Evernote heavily since 2009. In recent years, as it has become incrementally more bloated and more expensive, I’ve been looking for a replacement, but everything I found was missing some particular feature that I needed. Bear, while much simpler, and ostensibly less powerful, does absolutely everything I REALLY need for organization, writing, business tracking, and creative thought. It does it in a visually beautiful way, with a markup language that really makes the tool fade into subconscious and lets me record thoughts without distraction of too many buttons and gimmicks. Tagging, note linking, formatting, and organization are completely intuitive. The cost is far less than Evernote Premium, and there are not restrictions with using on all of my Apple devices.
I hope they can implement note sharing without messing with their formula, and I hope they expand to other platforms so I can share with friends, coworkers, and family, but if it stays just as it is today, Bear will continue to be the foundational piece of my workflow and creative and business processes.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shiny Frog Ltd.
- 70 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Shiny Frog Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro subscription $2.99
- Yearly Pro subscription $29.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.