Beat detect is a simple way to get the tempo of any beat, just by listening through your device mic. It also includes a metronome and options to adjust BPM manually.
////WHEN DO I USE IT
- For DJs: find the BPM of unlabelled tracks. Save some time and beatmatch more easily.
- For Musicians: get real-time feedback of your band’s tempo. Identify timing fluctuations and changes.
- For mobile app musicians: play an instrument and sync apps to your tempo with Ableton Link.
- Auto-detect the tempo of any beat
- Keep the beat with built-in metronome
- Adjust tempo manually with tap and + / - buttons
- Restart the clock at anytime for phase synchronization
- Ableton Link: sync compatible apps on several devices by connecting to the same WiFi network.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not sure why but it runs slow constantly having to check the actual beat your key detection app is great
I would prefer to ask for support before writing a review, but that seems hard to do. I have tried every app I can find to measure live beats per minute for live performance. This sounded good, but I am disappointed. Unless I am missing something, it does not keep accurate time, there is no start/stop button so it just runs constantly, it is more limited than advertised. Maybe it will get better?
Does what it says — detects BPM from mic and outputs it to Ableton Link, but that is only part of the need for such a tool!
Many music apps support Audiobus, AU, and/or IAA but do not detect BPM or output beat clocks to Ableton. If this app supported those inputs, it could upgrade and improve a lot of other apps. Don’t forget to also add audio outputs so that it can be used in pass-through!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.