With Beatly you can generate unlimited amount of 100% original looped music in rap/trap/lo-fi genre.
Free version features:
- generating unlimited amount of beats
- changing and locking the tempo (BPM)
- recording the output to WAV
- saving unlimited amount of generated beats
- sharing the beat with Beatly Pro app
Make sure you check out the Pro version, which brings many extra features!
Who is Beatly for:
• composers/producers seeking for quick inspiration or a fresh material to work with
• artists/singers in need of unique rap/rnb beats on demand, e.g. for flow practicing
• developers, film-makers, digital content creators, who need to use free and original music in any kind of multimedia
• pretty much anyone interested in generative art and nonmainstream music
How it works:
Beatly randomly chooses set of instruments and creates 2 unique bars of looped instrumental music (8 beats). Tempo is chosen automatically, however it can be simply changed. All notes are picked by the algorithm, so the beat style may range from soft piano rnb to aggressive trap. Each beat can be easily saved and loaded later again.
Run app, tap the play button. It is that simple. Music will be different each time you hit the reload button. Once you find the right tune for you, simply save it for later.
How do I export my beats to Beatly Pro?
In free Beatly app, navigate to menu, tap Share beat, select Beatly Pro, open Beatly Pro - you're done, beat has been imported! :)
If you like Beatly, please, support us by rating this app in the App Store! If you have any idea how to improve Beatly, please, leave us a message! Thank you!
- chord progressions tweaks and generator algorithm improvements
- various UI improvements
- load of bugfix in all areas of the app
Ratings and Reviews
Very first song was an instant keeper and a welcome expansion to my arsenal. Hope to see more features out of this but a solid start.
Is there an email address that I can write you to to make some suggestions? This last update has changed something and in my opinion has not been necessarily for the best. The drum parts seem even more “nervous/sputtery” than before. When I compared it to some of the saved motifs from the earlier version, the update seems to have less musical sensibilities. Anyway, I think I would have some suggestions for you and some of the other aspects if I could reach you directly. Thanks, Scott
Developer Response ,
Hey Scott, I will be happy to hear your suggestions. Drop me a message via Twitter, if you don't mind! @AntoninCharvat (link in the Beatly AppStore page as well).
I think I know what you mean by the "nervous" drum parts and I am working on it. Currently the algorithm doesn't prefer any patterns and some of the most "disruptive" are used way too often. I'm gonna improve it, no worries! :)
Thank you again!
No Landscape Orientation?
I am an iPad user who would appreciate landscape orientation while using this groovy app. The generated beats can be a little rocky at times, but I can see that with a little more tweaking, this could be a keeper. (I found a few jewels in there!)
Also, an UNDO button would also be great to return back to a previously generated beat.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Antonin Charvat
- 55.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Antonin Charvat