Invest and save better with Betterment. Investing apps are a dime a dozen, right? So, you might be wondering why you should download this investing app. It’s simple: Betterment is a robo advisor built with technology that optimizes for you, creating a tailored experience that fits your needs whether you’re an investor-in-training or a stock market guru. Join the 800,000+ people who entrust us with over $40+ billion.
As an independent digital investment advisor and fiduciary, Betterment’s mission is to help you do what’s best for your money so you can live better. Get started in minutes with just $10 and no minimum balance. Keep track of your financial life across your short- and long-term savings goals with our easy-to-use app.
NEW CUSTOMERS EARN 5.50% VARIABLE APY* (as of 12/18/23) ON CASH
- Get an extra 0.75% APY* with qualifying deposit and over 13x** the national average.
- Protect your earnings with up to $2 million† in FDIC insurance at our program banks.
- Learn more at betterment.com
WEATHER ANY MARKET WITH EXPERT-BUILT PORTFOLIOS
- Customize your stock-and-bond risk level with recommendations from the pros.
- Choose one of our optimized, curated portfolios of ETFs, like Innovative Tech, Goldman Sachs Smart Beta, or socially responsible investing options: Broad, Social, or Climate Impact portfolios
INVEST WITH TECH THAT OPTIMIZES FOR YOU, RAIN AND SHINE
- Rebalance your portfolio and reinvest dividends automatically
- Limit your tax impact with automated tools, like tax-loss harvesting and tax coordination between accounts
- Set up recurring deposits on your preferred schedule
- Questions? We’ve got resources galore or ask our financial advisors!
KEEP MORE OF YOUR MONEY
- Invest with us for just $4/month, or pay an annual fee of 0.25% on your investing account balance when you:
- Have a total Betterment balance of $20,000 or more across any accounts you hold at Betterment, or
- Set up a recurring deposit(s) of $250/month or more into any account
- Upgrade to Premium for unlimited access to advisors at just .4% of your invested assets, a fraction of the cost compared with traditional advisors
- These are CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, salaried never commissioned, for a significantly lower management fee
TURN LIFE GOALS INTO MONEY GOALS
- Save for that exercise bike, your next vacation, and more
- Go beyond your 401(k) with an IRA
- Use our projection tools to create a plan
- Calculate how to reach your target with our goal forecaster
SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE
- Get our all-in-one financial dashboard
- Connect outside accounts, see your net worth, and view your investment performance, all in one place
GET MORE WITH BETTERMENT
- Crypto Investing with diversified expert-built portfolios and in-depth resources
- Manage money for everyday spending with Checking
- Retirement planning with a 401(k) plan for your business
8 W 24th St., New York, NY 10010
**National average savings account interest rate is reported by the FDIC (as of 7/31/23) as the average annual percentage yield (APY) for savings accounts with deposits under $100,000.
Checking accounts and the Betterment Visa Debit Card provided and issued by nbkc bank, Member FDIC. Checking made available through Betterment Financial LLC. Neither Betterment Financial LLC, nor any of their affiliates, is a bank.
Statements, tax documents, and trading details are now easy for you to access on the go with our mobile app. Also new customers can earn 5.50% variable APY* (as of 12/18/23) when opening a cash account with a qualifying deposit. Terms apply.
Ratings and Reviews
I love the update and the new logo so much I had to write a review 😍 I’ve been using Betterment for over 4 years for all my investing. I chose Betterment because of its ease of use, it’s automated guidance, and it’s low fees. I don’t know a ton about picking investments myself, and honestly I don’t want to spend my time researching or worrying about my investments. Betterment takes care of all of that for me! I just set up automatic deposits on the date of each paycheck, forget about it for a while, and watch my money grow over time 🤩
The sunrise update made me smile because the new logo is a representation of exactly how I feel about Betterment—the app truly is a part of guiding my life to a brighter future. After all, I am using Betterment to plan for retirement, so I could be using this app for the next 30-40 years!
Thanks, Betterment, for the update and for helping make my life easier and brighter ☀️
Enjoy Betterment service. Could improve on capabilities though.
I really enjoy being a Betterment customer, lots of easy ways to manage money and transfer. Great services. Where I think they fall short is in two places: 1) There is no way to get physical cash into your account. Would love to close my other bank account but still need it to deposit cash then transfer to Betterment. Annoying. 2) When you get a check to deposit there is a very high chance your deposit will fail. This is a development problem on the app. 3 of my checks within the last 6m have simply failed because the app cannot consistently pick up the “For Mobile Deposit Only” text. No matter how clear you write it, spacing, etc, there’s a high probability that the deposit will fail cause the detection is subpar. Developers need to improve this. Annoying. Otherwise, keep making me money. I love the high interest rate savings account and easy ways to save for my kids’ college, but these minor annoyances are what keep me from giving Betterment a higher rating here. The inconveniences simply just get in the way, and I need a banking service that just works, and offers high self service opportunities. When I use them, I want them to work. Cheers!
Lost their way
I’m supremely disappointed that I chose Betterment as my investing platform. I chose Betterment because it seemed they were true to their core mission of helping regular people make smart and risk conscious decisions about their finances and preparing responsibly for their retirement. The tortoise method of winning the race. Their acquisition of Makara and partnership with Gemini are a defection of those core values that initially attracted me. There are plenty of existing places where people can speculate (gamble) with their own money. Betterment should have been better than that. It’s especially disappointing given their change to their fee scheme (which disproportionately impacts younger, smaller, earlier investors. This change adds insult to injury as Betterment is basically charging people more money to lose their money. To date I’ve seen a ~15% unrealized loss across my various buckets. While true that the loss is unrealized, the fees are not. I can lose money all on my own without Betterment’s help. Moreover, there’s no ‘advice’ to speak of, and I’m ineligible for their tax loss harvesting feature. Once the market recovers and I am at a place where I can liquidate my buckets without a 15% haircut, I’m out. Until then I’ll keep investing, but not a moment longer.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks so much for the feedback. I'll pass this along to the appropriate teams for review. Please reach out to our support team at https://www.betterment.com/contact and we would be happy to further assist.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 141 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Betterment LLC