Betterment is a smart money manager built to help you reach your financial goals. Make investments with low, transparent fees, no minimums, and personalized investment guidance. Betterment uses cutting-edge technology to manage your money so that you can live better.
Invest money with Betterment—don’t settle for less. Our investment app uses technology to build your portfolio and manage your investments, so you don’t have to.
Our mission: to help you make the most of your money so you can live better. Whether it’s maxing out your IRA or saving for a vacation, Betterment can be your ultimate wealth management tool. Sign up today and get personalized advice to help you reach your financial goals for one low, transparent fee of 0.25% annually.
INVEST WITH BETTERMENT—HERE’S HOW:
1) Financial Goals: We ask questions to help you figure out your investing goals (e.g., retirement, house down payment, dream vacation) and make recommendations to help you reach them.
2) Portfolio Management: We build you a personalized investment portfolio of low-cost ETFs and manage it with cutting-edge technology.
3) Financial Advice: We provide ongoing advice through our platform. As your money grows, our guidance evolves to help you make smart decisions with your money.
MORE ABOUT INVESTING WITH BETTERMENT
ETF investing made easy
• Choose your investment portfolio based on your financial goals or by your desired account type, including individual and joint taxable, traditional IRA, and Roth IRA. Invest for retirement, college, and more.
• Manage money, deposit, withdraw, and track your investments with our intuitively designed investing app.
Financial advisor and assistance
• Access our Customer Experience Team with questions—seven days a week.
• Your satisfaction is guaranteed—learn more: https://www.betterment.com/satisfaction-guarantee/
• You get everything for a low, transparent fee of 0.25%.
Wealth management with automated investing features
• Make investing and saving easier with auto-deposit.
• Rebalancing, tax loss harvesting, and asset location help keep your taxes low.
• Portfolio tracking features let you see all your accounts in one place.
Security is our top priority
• Access your account with Fingerprint or a secure PIN.
Have a question about your account? We’re happy to help—please email us at email@example.com and we’ll look into it.
Betterment LLC is an SEC-registered investment adviser. Investments in securities: Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value. Investing in securities involves risks, and there is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities. Before investing, consider your investment objectives and Betterment's charges and expenses. Not an offer, solicitation of an offer, or advice to buy or sell securities in jurisdictions where Betterment is not registered. All images and return figures shown are for illustrative purposes only and are not actual customer or model returns. Visit Betterment.com for more information.
Introducing the ability to change your linked funding account from the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Financial service additions
Hello, I think your platform is great and you’ve definitely created an interface that is easily usable to the average person. Although I think that for betterment to grow bigger it needs to be more open to other aspects of investment other then just an automated investment service. Such as banking services that include debit and credit cards and high interest savings accounts that don’t require you to pay a fee from your earning like the smart saver requires. Also, I know you have something like this in a way but having it expanded would be beneficial to clients that put all of there accounts on their betterment account. I’m talking about services like creating a financial picture that pulls everything together and tells you your total financial net worth and where you will be in the future between all of your accounts externally and through betterment would be beneficial to your clients. Just some thoughts, still love the app and your doing a great job regardless but these ideas would be a cool addition. Thank you
Betterment makes it easy to save for retirement or any other goal. The individual goals you can create are really nice to see how much you have saved towards each one instead of just having one large pot of money. The iOS app is super simple to use and makes depositing money or seeing performance easy.
I have not had an account long enough to really compare the returns to other investments. They recently added a much simpler view to see your annualized returns vs benchmarks on the website which should make comparisons easier moving forward.
With Betterment you are using their robo advisor so don’t expect to pick your own funds. I believe that Betterment leans a little heavier on foreign fund than other similar robo advisors. But that doesn’t really matter as you set your stock/bond percentage that matches your desired risk level and Betterment does the rest.
Betterment posts many helpful/interesting articles, but do take everything with a little grain of salt as many things are geared towards why they are right or how you can’t compare directly to other benchmarks.
All in all I have loved this investing/savings tool. I have seen good returns and low fees. The app and web interface are clean and easy to use. Recommend for anyone looking to start investing/saving. If you are a more hands on investor, Betterment might not be for you, and you might want to look else where.
Great for New Investors or Those with Little Time
If I had the time, or the money, I would love to do all the trading myself. However, i simply don’t have the time.
With the extremely low account management fees and the simple portfolio selection process, I’ve been able to place small weekly sums of money into my betterment account and I haven’t had to worry about investing it myself. This has definitely made saving/planning much easier and convenient and I am excited about the future. I’d definitely recommend this to any young individual (high school or college especially) who wants to start saving for retirement but hasn’t yet because they don’t have the time. It took 20 minutes to set up and the application is extremely user friendly.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.