Provides the range of BFBS TV services to members of the British Forces, including their dependents and other entitled users serving overseas.
To use the app and the services you must be a serving member of the British Forces and use your Defence Gateway account to authenticate your log in. The App is not intended for unsupervised use by minors.
The range of services includes the main UK TV channels with extra channels designed exclusively for the Forces. These are intended for viewers serving or posted outside of the UK and access is restricted within the UK, apart from the Forces TV channel.
- Much more choice – extra channels dedicated to live sports and events and bigger range of catch-up TV with soaps, movies and series now being available for up to a month
- A new home page with everything that’s available all in one place
- Playlists put your favourite shows and movies together in a new way
- Series episodes are now stacked up making it easy to see all the episodes available.
- Continue watching is also available
Ratings and Reviews
As ever with the MOD - great idea, crap execution!
Nice idea but a real shame that we can’t watch it on an actually television. Neither screen mirroring with Apple TV or steaming through LG Smart TV works.
Reach back to the UK
Great reach back to the UK for a daily fix of TV, however it’s a shame an app is not available for Apple TV, as having to HDMI it into my TV all the time is crazy.
Not sure what they’re (BFBS/SSVC) worried about if you are on LFS/overseas tour you should be able to watch it however suits you. Screen mirroring would a decent first step to opening up the viewing options.
The updated interface, increased number of channels and most importantly the improved video quality are welcomed.
However, you can no longer AirPlay all content to a larger screen, either via WiFi or the Apple Digital AV adapter. It appears to only work with some of the BBC/ITV channels but not the BFBS, Sky or BT Sport ones.
I assume this is due to DRM issues but as we are outside of the U.K. then why does that matter?
Bring back AirPlay mirroring so we can watch the tv like normal people and not on an iPhone!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Services Sound and Vision Corporation
- 46.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Icelandic, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © BFBS 2022