Type, talk or use your camera to effortlessly search the web and get answers: fast. Earn Microsoft Rewards while you search. Simplified privacy controls when you need it.
Get the things you love
· Every day there's a stunning new image, so say bye to boring search homepages.
· With Microsoft Rewards, earn points for searching and redeem them for free gift cards from Xbox, Target, Walmart, and many more.
· Interesting, useful answers and info, not just blue links, in a fast app that's easy to use.
Get the things you want
· Snap a pic to search, shop, find similar images, and learn about the things you see. It works with math equations, fashion, landmarks, and much more.
· Stay up on trending news, videos, and posts, and control which sources appear without leaving the homepage.
· Keep it fun with music videos, lyrics, viral videos, animated GIFs, and more from across the web.
· Save time when you're making plans. Check a restaurant menu, reserve a table, and book a rideshare with one search.
· Save money by comparing reviews and prices from major retailers with the built-in barcode scanner.
· Discover what's nearby, including deals, places to eat and drink, and things to do, right from the homepage.
· Get reviews and info from the sites you trust, including Yelp, TripAdvisor, Wikipedia, and Reddit.
· Control your search and browsing history with private mode.
· Save homepage images to use as a wallpaper.
· Use tabs to see recent search results.
*Some features are not available in all countries.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I can put my search in and it brings up very accurate information and several sites to search on. They are second runner up to Google, but Bing is #1 in my book for staying out of you business. They don’t seem to be “everywhere” like the big G. Bing doesn’t spy on you , as far as I know. I understand they are trying to advertise their commercials to your liking but sometimes I feel they go to far. So bing is #1 to me for not leaving you with that feeling that you have someone leaning over your shoulder.
Not thrilled with the update
While Bing is generally my go-to search app, I’m not too pleased with this update. First, all my saved tabs are gone. I was saving them for a reason and can’t get them back now. All my on-the-go research is gone. Second, sharing articles and emailing them have become irritatingly difficult. Previously, the article’s name would appear automatically in the email subject bar. It’s no longer there, so I have to go back and copy and paste. When time is of the essence, this is a total annoyance and makes me want to use a different search engine. Finally, navigating images is not as user friendly on this version. Just trying to enlarge an image glitched the screen and applied that enlargement to all images I was scrolling through. No longer able to read charts and scroll through data, I just closed out the app altogether. The latest app update gets a D+ from me. Prettier and flashier isn’t always better. I wish the app updates offered an “undo” option. I would use it on this one.
The new look may LOOK good
I admit, this is on the more personal scale, so it may affect me more than others.
The new look does look pretty good, the actual look of it isn’t my problem. My problem comes from the fact that it messed up my strategy for Microsoft Rewards. I’d always search something random and spam the images category until it gave me all my points in mobile search, but with this new update, it only allows you to press the images section once, not allowing me to use my strategy.
I understand that you guys just wanted to a change in look, and I don’t have a problem with that. But maybe consider going back to the old design so I can still get my points quickly rather than having to spend a much longer time trying to get them?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 104.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Bengali, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.