Microsoft Teams 4+
Call. Chat. Collaborate
Whether you’re connecting with your community for an upcoming activity or working with teammates on a project, Microsoft Teams helps bring people together so that they can get things done. It’s the only app that has communities, events, chats, channels, meetings, storage, tasks, and calendars in one place—so you can easily connect and manage access to information. Get your community, family, friends, or workmates together to accomplish tasks, share ideas, and make plans. Join audio and video calls in a secure setting, collaborate in documents, and store files and photos with built-in cloud storage. You can do it all in Microsoft Teams.
Easily connect with anyone:
• Meet securely with communities, teammates, family, or friends.
• Set up a meeting within seconds and invite anyone by sharing a link or calendar invite.
• Chat 1-1 or to your entire community, @mention people in chats to get their attention.
• Create a dedicated community to discuss specific topics and make plans*.
• Work closely and collaborate by keeping conversations organized by specific topics and projects with teams and channels.
• Video or audio call anyone directly in Teams or instantly convert a group chat to a call.
• Use GIFs, emojis, and message animations to express yourself when words aren’t enough.
Accomplish plans and projects together:
• Send photos and videos in chats to quickly and easily share important moments.
• Use cloud storage to access shared documents and files on the go.
• Organize shared content in a community — events, photos, links, files —so you don’t have to waste time searching*.
• Get the most out of your meetings by using screen share, whiteboard, or breakout in virtual rooms.
• Manage access to information and ensure the right people have access to the right info, even when people join and leave projects.
• Use task lists to stay on top of projects and plans - assign tasks, set due dates, and cross off items to keep everyone on the same page.
Designed to give you peace of mind:
• Securely collaborate with others while maintaining control over your data.
• Keep communities safe by allowing owners to remove inappropriate content or members*.
• Enterprise-level security and compliance you expect from Microsoft 365**.
*Available when using Microsoft Teams with your Microsoft account.
**Commercial features of this app require a paid Microsoft 365 commercial subscription or a trial subscription of Microsoft Teams for work. If you’re not sure about your company’s subscription or the services you have access to, visit Office.com/Teams to learn more or contact your IT department.
By downloading Teams, you agree to the license (see aka.ms/eulateamsmobile) and privacy terms (see aka.ms/privacy). For support or feedback, email us at email@example.com. EU Contract Summary: aka.ms/EUContractSummary
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
iPadOS 16.4 issues with TEAMS
ΤEAMS was working great until iPadOS 16.4. I have been using TEAMS with my AirPods for a while now and its been great. After updating my iPad to 16.4, now when i am in a meeting and i remove my AirPods from my ear, my meeting does not switch to the speaker and microphone of the iPad. In the meeting it shows that the speaker and microphone from the iPad is active but I can’t hear anything and others can’t hear me. The annoying part is that as soon as i try to turn the microphone on/off or even go back to reconnect the AirPods, my meeting just glitches and drops/disconnects. I tried to “forget my AirPods” and reconnect them and that didn’t help. I uninstalled TEAMS and then re-installed, that didn’t help either. The biggest issue is that if i am in a meeting and my AirPods run out of battery, it will try to connect to the speaker and microphone of the iPad, but once its in that state, it always glitch and drop the meeting no matter what i do. The only way i can now use my AirPods is to connect them prior to joining a meeting but if i am in a meeting and take them off or the battery dies, the meeting glitches and drops/disconnects. I have tested this for a couple of days and the issue is consistent and my TEAMS meeting will always abruptly drop/disconnect. Please help. Thank you.
This app is very buggy, especially when working with the desktop version. Joining and transferring meetings always bugs out and fails to join at least once. The iPhone and iPad apps fight for Bluetooth control with AirPods when you’re joining from 2 devices and will put you on speakerphone on one device without allowing you to turn off audio. Sharing links and media from other apps just sits and spins “Checking your organization policies…” and I have to quit Safari and try again multiple times. Notifications are buggy and don’t notify when you set the desktop availability setting but then walk away for an hour. Can’t join a meeting from the calendar and select which account you want to use. Can’t pin messages in chat. Notification icons show red but there are no notifications after switching accounts. Viewing a shared screen on a call does not allow total full screen on iPad. Whiteboard integration creates a totally new whiteboard outside of the meeting if you want a new page. Can’t search across accounts for meeting invites. Scrolling back in messages constantly bugs out and you go back to the current message. Can’t use DMTF tones when on a Teams call and you call out with PSTN. Sharing your screen from iPad or iPhone fails often and I need to exit the meeting, close the app, then try resharing. No way to make someone a presenter when on a call. No drafts of meeting invites. This app needs lots of work…
At work they have transitioned from an email service to Teams. So I’m using it weather I want to or not. I like teams for collaborative work on documents, we don’t have to each edit our own copies and then try to merge all the copies together somehow, we can all work on the original document together.
The chat function is fine except you cannot delete chats, you can only hide and mute them. So every chat group I have ever been in is still there just muted and hidden. There is no way to clear chats or teams. Whatever has been written will stay there forever unless everyone in the chat/team/channel deletes each and every post or comment they made. The same goes for activity. I have thousands of notifications in the activity tab that cannot be deleted.
It makes the app feel very cluttered all the time. WhatsApp is way better in my opinion for chatting but of course the company wants better privacy than WhatsApp so now all our communication must go through Teams.
Another problem I have encountered is using the calendar in teams, it doesn’t link up with outlook calendars very well, sometimes at all. So when we need to schedule a team call, I have to exit teams, check outlook calendars and then go back to teams.
Anyway, there are some good things about teams but it could be so much better if they made some functionality improvements. I don’t have much hope that much will change however, making the user experience better isn’t a cornerstone of Microsoft.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 325.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.