With detailed information, pictures and sounds of more than 4500+ birds from 211 different countries around the world, Bird Calls is the most comprehensive bird guide app available anywhere.
Enjoy the melodious songs and calls of 4500+ birds from around the world! Identify birds, read interesting trivia and browse through 1000s of stunning photos of nature’s most fascinating birds!
Do you love listening to the sound of the sparrows chirping, the pigeons softly cooing and the robins singing? Wish you could hear these beautiful bird songs even in the midst of a busy city? Now you can, with Bird Calls!
Bird Calls has a huge variety of bird songs and calls from all over the world, along with their photos. This app is perfect for birders and ornithologists. All the sounds in this bird soundboard are taken from live field recordings; so you get the feel of really being in a rain forest in Peru or the jungles of Africa!
- Over 4500+ carefully-selected and edited bird details & bird call recordings.
- Includes Birds from 211 countries around the world.
- Find Birds Around Your Location.
- Lookup recent sightings of a bird on a map, around the world.
- Bird sounds include all types of bird vocalizations including bird songs and bird calls like alarms, flight calls, mating calls and more!
- Over 2000 professional photos of different species of birds. Zoom in to see full-size images of all birds.
- View detailed information about 1000s of birds like their common names, scientific names, species and lots of interesting trivia.
- Includes the exact location where the bird sound recordings where done, including latitude and longitude.
- In-built search feature to search for a particular bird by name. For example, just type in “Heron” and view all the different species of Heron.
- Bookmark your favorite birds for quick access.
Listen to the songs & calls of:
And many more…..
How to download a bird sound?
To download and play any bird sound, just click on a particular bird and go to the Bird details page. You will see a list of bird sounds with a download arrow next to each of them. Click on the download arrow symbol to download the song. Once it is downloaded, the download arrow symbol will change to a play button [>]. Click on [>] to play back the song.
- A subscription gives access to all content available in Bird Calls as long as it is active.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- You can cancel online anytime – there is no cancellation fee
- You can use the subscription on any device registered with your Apple account
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Cancellation will not go into effect until the end of the monthly billing cycle
- Payment management is done by Apple system. More information can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pretty good with quirks
The sound recordings are mostly very good. I have played a few through an amplified speaker to attract a bird. It works, but sometimes annoys them so don’t do it often.
Very thorough descriptions but only one photo for each bird. That’s OK. It’s not a tool for identifying. You have to ID, or make an educated guess at a bird you see. Then find it on the app and listen.
The “find birds near me” feature worked for 2 years, then suddenly stopped last month. I can’t find out why or how to reinstate it. I emailed the developer and got no response.
The description says there is a way to subscribe and turn on that feature (which I did when I got the app). But you “can’t get there from here”. The instructions take me to no-wheres-ville.
I was just going to use this app it’s cool but I don’t know how to use it and how to hear the sound
This app is terrible you have to pay to do everything in the pictures it says you can look up birds and their recent sighting. Unless you pay you can’t do it. It’s almost impossible to find the right bird, there is just a long list of birds. I strongly recommend not getting this app
- XLabz Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- 171.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Pro Features + Ad Free $6.99
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.