"Bit Timer promises to be the 'World’s Simplest Interval Timer Ever.' It is." - Fast Company Design.
“Some of the best apps are those that do one simple thing well, and Bit Timer for iOS looks like it will provide that for workouts.” - The Verge.
“Its clean user interfaces makes organizing interval workout sessions a breeze.” - Gear Patrol.
This app is designed for the no-frills, hard-core HIIT workout. This is the first interval timer you’ll see with a set-up that is this fast and easy. Your workout should be intense, not your workout set up.
---- Super Simple Set up. ----
Get to your workout in no time with a clean, simple, no-frills design.
---- Distinct tones that guide you through your workout. ----
Clear, easy-to-distinguish tones for each portion of your workout.
---- Works in the background.----
Lock your phone, navigate to other apps and stay up-to-date via notifications.
- Press and Drag to quickly set Work, Rest, and Repeat.
- Work Periods: 5 seconds to 4 minutes. (in 5 second increments)
- Rest Periods: 0 seconds to 4 minutes. (in 5 second increments)
- 20 Repeats with background processing. Up to 40 if background processing is off.
- Integrates with notification center allowing you to lock the phone or navigate to other apps while the timer runs and still be notified when the intervals change.
- 10 second countdown allows you to get into place before your workout starts.
- Three distinct sounds to designate where you are in your workout.
- Countdown tone gives warning before Work starts.
- Pause your workout at any time and restart right where you left off.
- Reset your workout at at time if you were interrupted and want to start from the beginning.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The best tabata/interval timer for iOS. Great design, fast and straightforward. The sounds are simple and polished without being stupid.
I'd absolutely love it if the designer were able to add a super simple, super clean, totally optional way to save a few routines as presets. I love the clean, simple interface; but I find myself frequently fiddling with the times throughout my workout, which over the course of months, begins to feel a little frustrating. Wish there was some simple, elegant way to add this without compromising the clean interface, because it would add a bunch of functionality.
Aside from this common complaint, the app is great. Five stars!
If an app can be concise, this is one of them
I've been using this app for about 4 years now, and it's still great. Intuitive layout, simplistic but functional design, and it excels at what it does. For some apps, background notifications really seem to be a downfall, but I'm never worried to lock my phone and let it run while I workout. Outside of fitness, I've used it while cooking, and for a power hour with friends (shots on the minute). Basically, it's a real versatile app ;)
What you need and nothing more
So simple and easy to use.
I was a tad confused about how to adjust the times and reps when I used it for the first time, but after that it was great.
Please make an app for apple watch! The simple interface is already perfect for it, and it would make it a lot easier to listen to music and use the timer at the same time for most of my workouts
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.