Blacksburg Transit 4+
Town of Blacksburg
A BT bus app you can count on! Eliminate the confusion of planning a trip using an online bus schedule -
let the BT app do it for you. The app allows you to plan a trip using real-time bus information on BT
buses without using a bus schedule.
* NEW: See stop(s) closest to your current location on a live map
* NEW: Select a route by clicking on a bus on the live map
* NEW: Select a stop to view all routes serving that specific stop, including departure information
* NEW: Plan your trip by a preference of quickest route, fewest transfers or least amount of walking
* NEW: View all active BT alerts regarding detours, route changes, and emergency information
* NEW: View departure times for an entire day by stop
* Find real-time bus, route, and stop information
* Plan your trip for now or select a future departure/arrival date and time
*Plan your trip from start to finish using BT buses
* View route and schedule information for up to six trips on each route
* Filter routes and schedules by stop
* Receive detailed step-by-step instructions and maps for each leg of a journey
* Select from a list of many pre-loaded local destinations and bus stops for simplified trip planning
* Contact BT directly from the app
* View visitor information
Fixed bug where tapping dots under map on route screen didn't update the trip information.
Ratings and Reviews
App won’t open
When it worked, I liked how easy it was to see where busses were and when they were coming. Of course, there were times that the live map was broken, but that was infrequent.
My trouble now is that today when I went to open the app, it immediately crashed within seconds. This is a new issue I’m having even though the app has worked just fine in the past. I even removed and re-installed the app, but the problem persists.
I figured this thing out in less than a few days and it became very helpful, especially after trying to use the website. When I found out about the app, it was a very useful tool for checking schedules. As far as I can tell the live map is sufficiently accurate for me to be able to plan my route. Most of the people rating this app are under 22, so what do they know. The thing does what its supposed to. Is it perfect? No. But I feel the need to give it 5 stars just to compensate for the ridiculous number of 1 stars. If you can’t read the map or look at the time table, that’s a you problem, not the app’s fault.
Relying on taking the bus is a hassle in itself, to have to rely on this app on top of that is nearly impossible. Can you please just have the live map and routes even show up atleast half the time? This app is booty. Im honestly surprised that this has been developed and then redeveloped into a “better” app that is this. Sheeeeesh.
Update: 2 years later this app is still so bad. If students helped build this app they should not get degrees. Take your keyboard and smash it.
Dont have six trips shown as “future” trips when you only show one trip of times when you rotate through them.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Town of Blacksburg
- 17.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Town of Blacksburg