The BLEASS sidekick AUv3 is the first iOS AUv3 effect plugin that offers a kick drum synth and sequencer coupled with a sidechain compressor in order to bring unique and creative dynamics to your music!
All music producers (techno / dubstep / ambient / house / hiphop...) alike will enjoy the instant pumping effect in the mix and the fully customizable kick drum sonic impact brought by the BLEASS sidekick Audio Unit plugin.
Inspired by the classic 808 analog sound as well as many other legendary drum machines, the drumsynth features extensive and precise parameters to get punchy / boomy / drum kick sounds:
- kick tuning, decay and volume
- sinus to triangle waveforms
- fine-tuned hardness, body and impact adjustments
- punch envelope with power and decay
- ghost mode (to simulate the sidechain compressor without the sound of the kick)
- trigger mode AU parameter
- trigger mode with external MIDI IN
- multi-bus output audio routing to route the kick's audio in a separate channel (AUM)
________Sidechain Compressor / Ducker
- compression triggered by the kick
- threshold, ratio and makeup sliders
- attack and release for precise compression envelope
________Step Sequencer :
- up to 16 steps sequencer
- ternary and binary steps resolution from 8 to 32th.
- adjustable groove (swing)
________Audio Unit :
- All settings accessible via Audio Unit parameters
- Universal compatibility with iOS 10 or higher
- resource-efficient and low CPU usage
By using the treshold and ghost mode parameter, you also can use the BLEASS sidekick either only as a kick drum generator or only as a sidechain compressor.
BLEASS sidekick also includes a standalone version that can be used along an external audio or midi input.
Check out www.bleass.com for video tutorials and demos !
*** NOTE : this is an Audio Unit Effect Plugin (AUv3) which ideally requires a compatible host (such as AUM, Audiobus, GarageBand, BeatMaker 3, Auria or Cubasis) ***
We recommend using quality headphones or studio monitor speakers with a good frequency response
Version 1.3 now offers multi-bus output audio routing (compatible with AUM) which means that you can now route the Kick's audio into a different channel!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs midi input update
The ducker doesn’t seem to work when routed via MIDI. Tried it every way kick works no duck.
-I got it to work you have to have 2 instances of Sidekick running on top of each other. Could be a NanoStudio 2 issue, it’s really the only auv3 if it’s kind so I don’t know. Open up 2 instances and one of them works fine. Remove one and you just get the kick. Also works great as a ducker when used on other tracks. It really sounds great, just need 2 instances for kick in NanoStudio 2 when using MIDI that is all.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for taking the time to edit your review! Also, thank you for sharing your practice on Nanostudio! indeed you can launch as many instances of the sidekick as you want (all the more that it is quite CPU efficient), and using two or more instances to use either the kick or the sidechain compression is a very nice to go indeed!
Have fun with the sidekick and don't hesitate to check our other apps!
This app is soooo much fun to use! Is amazing what a nice sidekick can do! Only Bleass can do it and say it better... Bleass Sidekick is the ultimate effect plugin to move your body!
Developer Response ,
Techno Viking approves! ^^
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.