polybeat is an advanced and extremely flexible drum and percussion sequencer able to generate complex polyrhythmic and polymetric rhythmic patterns.
nb: polybeat does not make sound by itself, you will need to load it in an AUv3-compatible host (such as AUM, Audiobus, ApeMatrix, Nanostudio 2, etc.) or connect it to an external drum machine, synthesizer, computer or any other sound generating device.
- independently configurable sequence length per drum voice (ranging from 1 to 32 steps)
- independently configurable step length per drum voice (ranging from double whole notes to 64th notes, including tuplets and dotted notes)
- every sequencer step can be modulated by the following attributes:
- accent on/off
- ratchet (note repeats)
- skip (note every *n* loops)
- timing offset
- sample-accurate sequencing engine
- slick and responsive native UI
- individual drum voices can be muted or solo'ed
- sequences can be instantly transformed by the following actions:
- shift left/right
- full AUv3 preset- and state-saving
- ability to copy and paste patterns between instances of the plugin
- mapping presets for popular AUv3 drum apps and hardware drum machines
- includes musical scale presets for polybeat to be used as a melodic sequencer
- responds to MIDI input for switching and selecting patterns, as well as performing pattern transformations
- works offline
- no push notifications
- no ads or in-app purchases
- no third-party behavioural tracking tools
ongoing development and support, many new features on the roadmap
- fixes selection bug in iOS 14
- collapsible modulation panel
- audition sound on selecting track
- tap & hold slider to set exact value
- adds correct sample offset for MIDI note-offs
- tip jar
- various bugfixes and small improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Brings drums to life
You can take the most boring of drum loops and bring them to life with this tool. It works exactly as described, and the developer has been active online to gather feedback to improve this already great tool.
As someone who really enjoys experimenting with polyrhythm's, polybeat really does it for me. I use thesys a lot for polyrhythms but it does not run on iPhone. So far polybeat does mostly everything thesys does for beats… minus a few bells and whistles. I would recommend polybeat.
Developer Response ,
i'm sorry you've been experiencing problems with polybeat. in the latest version (1.1) the Cubasis issue should be resolved.
Pairs well with Klevgrand Ting
Great, easy to use sequencer with useful randomization options. The ability to do polyrhythms adds a lot to some more subtle drum machines like Ting and Ruismaker FM. Great UI, solid reliability, but the musical results are the main attraction!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Corne Driesprong
- 18.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Corné Driesprong
- In-App Purchases
- Big tip $5.99
- Small tip $1.99