BLK is the new app for Black single men and Black single women with a simple mission: To create an exclusive community where Black men and Black women can find meaningful connections with people who share similar likes and interests.
BLK is easy and fun to use:
• Simply scroll through a personalized list of profiles.
• If you're interested, slide the profile to the right to give the person a ‘Yeah’, or click the 'Heart' icon.
• If the feeling's mutual, then you're a match and can start chatting in our app right away.
• Not interested? Slide the profile to the left to give the person a ‘Nah’, or click the ‘X’ icon.
Right when you join, all members can:
• Become part of an exclusive community for single black men and black women
• Customize who and what they’re looking for
• Receive a personalized group of profiles to look through every day
• Chat with other members if they’ve liked you back
Go Premium and you can also:
• Rewind on people to give them a second chance
• Send 5 Really Likes per day to stand out from the crowd and let people know that you're really interested
• Boost your profile each month to be one of the top profiles in your area for 30 minutes
• Send unlimited amount of likes to other members
• Have an uninterrupted experience with no ads!
Become Elite and you can:
• Get all of the Premium benefits PLUS See Who's Liked You for instant matches!
So what now? Join the community, spread the word, find a match, and have fun!
And don't forget! Check us out every day! We're growing fast and there's someone new to match with every day!
If you choose to purchase a subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of your subscription. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Current subscription starts at 9.99, and one-month, 3-month, and 6-month packages are available. Prices are in U.S. dollars, may vary in countries other than the U.S. and are subject to change without notice. If you don’t choose to purchase a subscription, you can simply continue to use BLK.
• You Asked. We Listened! Introducing Distance Settings to help sort through profiles near you!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App is mediocre at best
I’ve dated a number of women in my life now at 24. So I would consider myself to have a worthy amount of experience when it comes to that of the opposite sex, I’ve also encountered women who wouldn’t necessarily go for a guy such as myself, but have won them over in the end. Not for my looks, I’ve been told by many I’m an attractive black male and I also model. Just by my general interests being different. However, in the off chance of matching with people, you are limited due to the lack of worthy descriptions of yourself. Personal info questions such as: “do you desire children, are you looking for long term or hook up, is sexual chemistry important, do you happen to drink or smoke” etc are all but missing in this apps protocol. The only thing you can really gain from seeing a persons profile is an “about me” tab, and more often then not it’s left blank. So all you see is picture of them an how far away they are. The app also needs a reminder tab to let you know to swipe today bec many people will literally forget they have the app sometimes and will message you back a day or 2 after you sent a message (I’m guilty of this myself) Little things like this can quickly improve the apps overall usability and user-friendliness.
Developer Response ,
Hi Sky, thank you for your feedback about our app. Feedback like yours helps us learn from our members to make changes that will enhance our app. Thank you for being a part of the BLK community!
Great app but...
I initially enjoyed the app but over time I began to see issues with it that made me delete the app..
1. Fake profiles. There were either fake profiles with the usual scam bios.
2. Too many women on there seemed to be trying to market their modeling career for attention on Instagram than actually date. I even ran into a girl that was trying to sell her book about dating and not actually there to date. These types ruin the dating pool.
3. There needs to be a feature for those strictly interested in heterosexual relationships not to see anything other than the opposite sex. I don’t wanna be offensive so I’ll leave it at that.
4. Not sure if there is a fix for this but sometimes it would make you swipe left or right with a simple touch of the screen. Might be a glitch.
5. There should be a time limit of sorts for when someone can reply before they’re unmatched. The women I’ve dated often complained their inboxes are overwhelming and they miss messages so it’s hard to get to some. It’s also annoying for someone to swipe right on you and you never hear from them.
6. I would love it if you guys added a “Verify your account” feature with a blue check mark or something. I don’t want to waste my time on people who aren’t serious, will waste your time or are fake.
1. Valentine’s Day concept was perfect.
2. I respect and appreciate this being one of the few apps with mostly US on there. 🙂
Developer Response ,
Hey there! We totally appreciate your feedback! As a growing app, we are constantly working on making improvements. We will make sure our product team looks into these suggestions! 👍
Mediocre is the Word of the Day
This app is mediocre at best. While the layout of the app is okay, there are some things that would really improve it. For example, one small thing is having the text wrap around when someone writes their education and occupation in, so you can see the full text they’ve written. Another small thing is making the “About Me” section you can write in the same as the one that gets presented to potential matches. The layout of the words isn’t consistent when switching between editing the profile and simply viewing the profile. It’d also be nice to add the feature of the “enter button” or ability to skip a line when writing an “about me”. Within the settings, there needs to be a way to turn off all notifications besides messages. Lastly, you should have the option to set your location to one place. Not everyone is staying where they are in the current moment and sometimes want to meet someone close to where they live instead of where they currently are. A person’s city should be shown, not just the miles because you don’t know which direction the person might live in. If it’s a matter of privacy, maybe hide the person’s name until after they match, or have each person’s distance in relation to major cities instead. As a bonus, you could also consider asking prompt questions.
- Affinity Apps, LLC
- 193.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Affinity Apps 2020
- In-App Purchases
- 1 month Elite membership $19.99
- Boost - 1 Pack $1.99
- Really Like - 5 Pack $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.