** Free to download **
Blocs Wave is a fun and beautifully designed music app for making and recording new music quickly. For songwriters and electronic music makers alike, it is an on-the-move powerful portable music studio.
Start new musical ideas by discovering new sounds across genres. Make your tunes unique by slicing and rearranging your sounds. Play with beautiful touchable waveforms and build up loops in real-time by recording your voice or other sounds, and build bigger ideas using song sections. Blocs Wave is also great for live looping, thanks to its real-time stretch and pitch engine.
• Find ideas quickly - Combine sounds across genres
• Play with sounds - Beautiful, touchable waveforms
• Record new sounds - Capture your own vocals and instruments
• Explore a huge sound library - Find amazing sounds across genres from electronic to indie, EDM to songwriting, and more
• Expand your collection - Download more sounds from an ever-expanding soundpack library
• Chop up sounds - Use Slice Mode to make every sound unique (In-App Purchase)
• Export your music - Create a mixdown or export individual tracks
• Shape your sound - 3-band EQ for boosting bass and mixing sounds (In-App Purchase)
• Launchpad Soundpack sharing - Get hundreds more genres and styles through our Launchpad for iOS app
• Real-time stretching - Change tempo while playing
• Real-time recording - Build up live recorded loops in real-time
• Import - Bring in your own sounds from other apps (In-App Purchase)
• Key aware - All library sounds stay in-key with each other
• User library - Manage your recorded and imported sounds
• Works well with others - Supports Audiobus, AudioCopy/AudioShare and hardware input
• Jam in sync - Supports Ableton Link
For support enquires please visit: https://ampifymusic.com/support
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
Blocs Wave now supports Ableton Link start/stop messages.
We really appreciate your feedback. If you have comments, questions or feature requests, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like Blocs Wave and have a minute to spare, please review it in the app store.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Beautifully presented and intuitively designed, Blocs Wave is an engaging tool for making music. Using simple taps, you can add sounds from a number of genres, and many more are available through In-App Purchases. You can also create unique sounds by manipulating waveforms with your fingertips (which looks as cool as it sounds) and record your own using your device’s microphone.
Powerful and stylish, still room for improvement
As an iPhone Plus user who enjoys using portrait view music apps, this very attractive piece of software has become my main recorder of tracks from audiobus. The Iap sampling options make it easy to grab tracks off iCloud so I can chop a break over some of those recordings ,the ui just feels good to use and the focus on giving iPhone users a solid interface is much appreciated.
However there are some odd limitations, which mostly seem related to the resampling algorithms used to keep tune and timestretch. This includes being unable to play samples melodically or pitch them individually. This is somewhat made up for by the awesome little randomizer in the slicer plus I think limitations are a good thing, but if there's anyway even just individual samples could be transposed this would be amazing. Or maybe even just one more band on the Eq haha. A really nice product regardless!
An awesome creativity igniter
I have been using this app to assist in overcoming writers block and also to help spark new ideas. The samples are top notch and the UI is designed in such a way as to be intuitive and inspiring. All samples come pre-defined with tempo, key, type (melodic, percussive, bass, drums), and can be mixed and matched with ease.
The most valuable feature is the automatic time stretching allowing super experimental genre blending. It has your basic slip editing as well as EQ, and samples can be sliced to create different variations.
I do have some improvement suggestions for the devs. I’d like to see a 3rd export option: Export bank stems. You can currently sum a group and export that, but it would be nice to be able to get the individual stems without exporting the entire project with all 6 banks. Also, (and perhaps I missed it) but a solo feature would be nice. Who not flick down on a sample to mute it, and flick up on a sample to solo?
I have probably spent a good dozen or so hours in the app and I can confidently say this is an indispensable tool for any musician/producer at any level.
Note: when exporting sounds, always use WAV and make sure when importing into your DAW that your audio track is set to stereo, not mono. I saw a few noobs complaining it sounds bad when exporting and this is why.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.
- 67.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Dusk Dynamics $1.99
- Chiptune $1.99
- Electric Hip Hop $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.